Bodyblue's Recent Activity

1. Bodyblue replied to the thread Can wrong cable gauge damage an amp?.

Some people think fatter cables will mean better performance and unless the cable runs are very long, it makes ZERO difference in most...

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:43 PM
  2. Bodyblue liked DaveVoorhis's post in the thread Can wrong cable gauge damage an amp?.

There is no cable gauge you can use that would damage your Marantz 1070.

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:36 PM
  3. Bodyblue liked the skipper's post in the thread Can wrong cable gauge damage an amp?.

No. This was answered quite plainly in the first responses you received. What more do you want?

Jan 16, 2019 at 5:36 PM
  4. Bodyblue liked Nightwisher's post in the thread Just gave my Bostons new clothes.

Very nice! I love Bostons, but I have a love-hate relationship with black ash.

Jan 16, 2019 at 3:54 PM
  5. Bodyblue replied to the thread Speaker recommendation.

A bad match for the reasons stated above. The 210 has a meager 10 wpc so you need something around 90db sensitive to get some decent...

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:55 AM
  6. Bodyblue liked Watthour's post in the thread Looking for: Vintage Reciever with a Designated Subwoofer Output.

When speakers were speakers, and their low-frequency response was BETTER than many of today's dedicated "subs" there was more than...

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:49 AM
  7. Bodyblue liked KentTeffeteller's post in the thread Looking for: Vintage Reciever with a Designated Subwoofer Output.

Didn't exist. People then who wanted lower bass usually bought larger speakers. Electronic Crossovers were rare in that era, even...

Jan 16, 2019 at 11:49 AM
  8. Bodyblue replied to the thread Can wrong cable gauge damage an amp?.

16awg should be fine maybe 14 if it is not too visible. The 1070 in good condition can easily deal with 4ohm loads but nothing lower...

Jan 16, 2019 at 8:52 AM
  9. Bodyblue replied to the thread Realistic speakers to go with Realistic receiver..

The one I picked up seems just to have sat a lot. It is in almost perfect condition on the outside. The controls were really dirty...

Jan 16, 2019 at 7:13 AM
  10. Bodyblue liked mashaffer's post in the thread Realistic speakers to go with Realistic receiver..

Still have mine from college. Needs some freshening though (new vol sliders mostly).

Jan 16, 2019 at 7:09 AM
  11. Bodyblue liked Sandstrom's post in the thread The Who confirm first new studio album in 13 years.

So much for dying before you get old :biggrin:

Jan 15, 2019 at 3:01 PM
  12. Bodyblue liked quiet's post in the thread Realistic speakers to go with Realistic receiver..

Wonder what practically brand new means. I suppose it means good condition with box.

Jan 15, 2019 at 7:52 AM
  13. Bodyblue liked the skipper's post in the thread The Death of the Stereo Receiver.

Dunno about anyone else but since moving from an FM rich area about 8 miles from to NYC to a pretty much dead ares in the middle of...

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:58 PM
  14. Bodyblue replied to the thread Realistic speakers to go with Realistic receiver..

On eBay? Yeah I saw it and laughed my ass off. Way over priced. Evan I perfect condition it is still a 41 year old 35 watt receiver....

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:41 PM
  15. Bodyblue liked sqlsavior's post in the thread Oppo 105D vs Sony UBP-X1000ES.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.... Tell me why a high-end dealer with a solid client relationship should not offer his honest opinion. Hmm? I...

Jan 14, 2019 at 10:35 PM