Recent content by BoJonJovi

1. B

Bucket Sub Revisited

I have been listening to the Peerless and the GRS on the same system. Wow, they compliment each other well. Last night I attached a 3 tube 6N3 HIFI amp board that I picked up on eBay. That really pushed these subs over the top. I am lovin it. Regarding the buckets, I found a cheap source for...
  2. B

Bucket Sub Revisited

I like the PVC idea. I was looking into 8" PVC for a different project a few weeks ago. It is generally sold in 10 and 20-foot lengths. It is a bit pricey from the big box stores and is a special order in my town.I noticed last week a plumbing supply house had some in their yard. The price of...
  3. B

Bucket Sub Revisited

I finally got around to doing the peerless bucket sub. As I stated earlier I found a significant difference in the stiffness of buckets. I have found that buckets used to transport goods seem to be of high quality. I have found pickle, paint and laundry detergent buckets are all of tgood...
  4. B

Bucket Sub Revisited

OK. I have been listening to my 10 inch GRS 10SW-4 for 20 bucks from Parts Express in a 7-gallon bucket. I chose the GRS as it had some similar qualities the Peerless and required a low volume enclosure. At first, I thought they were pretty flabby and I did not hold out a lot of hope. The...
  5. B

Bucket Sub Revisited

OK I am revisiting the revisiting bucket subs, just to visit a bit. I have been following the bucket subs for a while and Poultrygeist has never sent me astray. I told my brother I would build him a cheap system and when it comes to my brother cheap is the operative word. So from Parts...
  6. B

UF versus UF(m)

Thanks on the 330uf. I was having problems finding a 290. Hey Hyperion, roobard custard pie is my absolute favorite pie. I don't care far the strawberry roobarb it has to be custard. I can't tell you how many people have told they don't like roobarb. I give them a piece of my pie and suddenly...
  7. B

UF versus UF(m)

the 250 was a typo; 290.
  8. B

UF versus UF(m)

Hey thanks. Regarding changing the value, like I said the m was throwing me. Thanks for getting me straightened out and explaining the 450.
  9. B

UF versus UF(m)

I want to replace a capacitor marked 450v 290 uf(m). this is on a 6n3 preamplifier. The (m) is throwing me. Do I need a 250 uf cap or a 25.0 uf cap. Can you guys get me straightened out as to what I should be looking for? Maybe to extend my knowledge a bit as well, the input is 6.3v AC. So...
  10. B

Class-D build walk me through it. Or think me through it.

Thanks Thanks Westend
  11. B

Need an audio Yoda, local

How about this free class through Cousera, https://www.coursera.org/course/powerelectronics
  12. B

Class-D build walk me through it. Or think me through it.

I want to buy individual components for a Class-D build. I have already completed a kit from Classdaudio.com but I really do not know how to select individual components. The attractive thing about Classdaudio.com is they did it for me. I love their kits and could order another but I would like...
  13. B

Grinding Coffee - What turns your crank?

Real Men Real men use their teeth to grind their coffee. Which is why I use a Kitchenaid grinder.
Back
Top Bottom