Recent content by Boltss

1. B

Denon POA-2200

Hello. Look closely at the board that the main filter caps are mounted on, and look closely for cracks around the filter caps. When these amps are transported and bounced around in their shipping boxes the combined weight of the 8 filter caps often brake the circuit board that they are mounted...
  2. B

AKAI GX-630D SS will not play?????

Hello. If you have not resolved the capstan shaft not spinning, at least first look at the Main Control transistor that is mounted on it's own plate that acts as a heat sink. It is located at the top, or near to the top of all the Akai 630 series units, and is also used on the 620 - 625 series...
  3. B

Sherwood S 8000 IV

Hello gadget73. I have been trying to find some Magnoval sockets for my Sherwood S5000II which has 1" mounting hole for the socket, but the only Magnoval sockets I have found have 27mm mounting holes with 33mm mount hole spacing. Do you remember where you found yours? AND Thank You for all of...
  4. B

Good Plastic Waste News

Change your diet.
  5. B

Replacement tube socket base hole diameter for Sherwood different than stock.

Hello. The magnoval base tube sockets I bought from from Antique Electronic Supply look like they are Good Quality, and are made of some ceramic material. If you have a vernier caliper, maybe you could measure your installed sockets before you cut the rivets out. Having the wrong size tube...
  6. B

Thanks Primosounds for the followup. I think that I will get in touch with Jim McShane and see if he has any of the Sherwood size for sale. I don't know why the idea of different manufactures using different sizes of socket never occurred to me. Sloppy thinking on my side. The idea of having...
  7. B

Hello to all in this crazy hobby. A short while back I purchased 5 new EH7868 Matched tubes, and went about making the pin socket sizes as close to 1.5mm as possible [pin diameter is 1.6mm] with a drift of that size, on all of the tube sockets. Then I lubed the tube pins with CRC Electronics...
  8. B

Any news on the Chinese trying to make a 7591a?

Thanks Larry for your fast answer. When I installed the tubes I used a mixture of CRC QD contact cleaner and CRC Electronics lube in a pill bottle cap to lube the pins and sockets. Now with this done, I'm thinking 7591's will be next. AND, Good Luck with your New House!
  9. B

Any news on the Chinese trying to make a 7591a?

Hello. For what it's worth I recently bought 5 new matched EH-7868 tubes for one of my Sherwood 5000II units that I had just finished recapping [stuffed caps] . I first had tried some very good "Sylvania" labeled 7868 tubs from my S8000 and they would have worked if I had tried to pinch the...
  10. B

Sherwood S-7100A Receiver

Hello corbin. I am Very Sorry to hear that AKer Brian Levy has passed. He was my "go to" for early Sherwood, tube and transistor history. I always enjoyed reading his offerings.
  11. B

Harman Kardon ever a big player in stereo receivers?

Harman Kardon offered a Fine line of Quadraphonic receivers in the 70s, the 50+, the 75+, the 100+, the 150+, the 800+, and the 900+. The 900+ Power output is rated: 90W/ch (stereo), 32W/ch into 8Ω (quadraphonic). It is a Very Capable performer.
  12. B

A returning Greeting, and a quick question.

I'll save them to put in greeting cards.
  13. B

Hello avionic. Thanks for clearing that up. Checking the PDF, "FA = 300-470hfe" "FB= 430-600hfe", E=400=800hfe" , suffix “-TA” means tape and ammo packing, and suffix “-BU” means bulk packing, then the example that you showed me, KSA992FBTA means FB, hfe rating, and TA, as in tape and ammo...
  14. B

Thanks Watthour for the other similar HFE rated transistors, and Thanks rcs16 and qdrone for your ideas. My order from Digikey will be here this Thursday and I will try the checking and hopefully matching process then. Really my question is has anyone had a similar occurrence of a complete...
  15. B

Hello rcs16. The only thing that I tried was checking them all to separate the lot into matching HFE numbers. The 2SA872D and the 2SA726G are min. 500HFE transistors, and all of the KSA992FBU transistors only tested in the 385 to 415HFE range. I didn't think that the gain numbers would be...
Back
Top Bottom