Recent content by booboisie

1. booboisie

Why did Sansui lose the audio wars to Pioneer, etc.?

I was stationed overseas in the '70s. The beginning of the end for Sansui:
  2. booboisie

Calling all Yamaha cr-3020 owners

I assume the serial numbers are sequential by build date? That would make my #2800, above, the newest example here. So far. Anyone else still have the headphone jacks cover? I know that's not a very flattering picture, sitting on the workbench. I will take some better pictures when I put her...
  3. booboisie

Lurker

Lurker
  4. booboisie

Calling all Yamaha cr-3020 owners

When I listen to Blue Oyster Cult, so do my neighbors.
  5. booboisie

Stop calling the Sansui Eight Deluxe the "Engineer's Receiver"

I was stationed in the Philippines for a couple years back in the 1970s. The Japanese hifi manufacturers loved us GIs in the Far East (Japan, Okinawa, Korea, The Philippines, etc.) because they could cheaply introduce their new gear to an American test market with little financial risk, before...
  6. booboisie

Connect EQ Expander Reverb to Preamp

Time to shoot trouble. Did your tape deck meters move before you tried to add the equalizer and reverb unit to the chain? In other words, did you have the deck hooked up to the amp tape loop with out any processors and it worked then but did not work after you added them? Does your tape deck...
  7. booboisie

Sansui 7000

I was stationed over in the Philippines for a couple years back in the 1970s. I was recently digging through some old Exchange sales brochures from my stash (Exchange = BX, PX, NEX) and found that the 7000 was a Special Order Item. Exchange selling price: $228. The Eight was listed in the...
  8. booboisie

Yamaha R 2000, Save????

^ That would sure be nice.
  9. booboisie

Yamaha R-2000 Receiver refurb...

I have several R-2000 receivers, the first of which I bought new in 1981. I have decided to clean them up and replace the battery in each so that the Memory works again. I figured I'd look around a bit first. This thread was all I could find regarding the R-2000.
Back
Top Bottom