Recent content by boybuick85

1. boybuick85

Realistic Electrostatic speakers?

Reviving a dead thread here . I have found a pair of these locally and was curious about improving the bass could I just add a sub or is it like one of the posters above said where I would need an external crossover . Which I have never played around with by the way . Will I be able to tell if...
  2. boybuick85

Snell Eiv or Cii ?

I’m a little late to this party but just wanted to add my two cents I currently have a set of D’s K2 and E4,s have also Hurd E2-3 and a first gen C . I love snells one of the best bang for the buck companies incredible sound honestly. My opinion go by your room size if it’s smaller go with the...
  3. boybuick85

Dahlquist DQ-20...School me on these.

I agree, they really are awesome speakers. I must’ve had at least 40 or 50 speakers over the years . Ranging from fairly inexpensive to 3-4 K not to mention going to Audio shows. They really do still hold up quite well!
  4. boybuick85

noob from Houston

Alright welcome!! fellow Houstonian here currently living in new york
  5. boybuick85

A Special Sequerra Metronome Met 2+2W

That's what i keep hearing across the board . BUT i think homebrew may be on the money because that surround looks identical and if that is the case then it's an easy and affordable fix .....fingers crossed hopefully . Thanks for all the help as usual gents
  6. boybuick85

Thank you for the r Thank you for the recommendation friend!
  7. boybuick85

Just in INFINITY RS II !!

True.... Like with many things i think balance is key . If only it where that easy with this freaken hobby
  8. boybuick85

I have a lead on two guys one who specializes in ribbons the other in just general repair. Hopefully they are reputable . you guys in Cali are lucky it seems you have alot of people who do repairs.
  9. boybuick85

13 years of having fun . im in my mid thirties ...not sure how much longer i can drag it out lol. Most women when i have a conversation about it i just frame it as " listen which would you rather have the guy who wastes his money on strip clubs going out all the time and boozing or a guy who...
  10. boybuick85

....god why must it be that way. I think a basement ( mancave ) is a fair answer. My brother has a fantastic man cave and his wife more or less let's him be
  11. boybuick85

...oh god please don't put that juju on me . Trying to doge that bullet as long as possible. I picked up two sets of speaks in the last month and she said and I quote " they look like a coal miner speaker! " ....what..." You know the coal miners have that hat with the light on it (the ribbon...
  12. boybuick85

Gotta love 3d printing. One day none of these parts will be unobtanium because we will be able to just 3rd print it all
  13. boybuick85

Thank you . yeah im not sure what the material is, its something im not familiar with. Its thin Where is your guy located ?
  14. boybuick85

Better lighting. Model numbers 149 and 151? Lol not sure what happened to 150
Back
Top Bottom