Recent content by Br1ck

1. B

In search of TD124

I got mine by chance. There is a very funky used stereo store I cruise every once in a while. I always checking out tables. One day there was a hideous black brush painted plinth that was an old butler's tray turned over, and the cover was a scratched up plexi quarter inch thick glued together...
  2. B

Bands you've seen live that you've never heard of that blew you away

In about 1974 I sat in the second row to see a band a friend was interested in. I had not heard of them nor did I listen to anything by them prior to the concert. It was Weather Report. Mind blowing for sure.
  3. B

He's back

I've been chasing my other passion, acoustic guitars and performing. Sorry to those who have PMed me. Had one from February. Anyway, along the way I had a computer change and all that entails. Suffice to say, I never stopped listening. Are we still obsessing??
  4. B

TT recommendations please

AR XA all day long. Do as much or as little to it as you want. Fastest way to $1000+ sound.
  5. B

AR XA Turntable - Should I Make the Move?

An XA will do very nicely while you save up for a Thorens 124, then you have a killer back up. Seriously, I have an XA in my console that performs incredibly well day in and day out. If you spend a total of $400 on it you will not be sorry. They play very well with Grados.
  6. B

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

Bob Dylan- Nashville Skyline
  7. B

DAC worthiness

I find myself all analog these days. I don't have a CD player in any system I have, but a DAC is very good for streaming audio from a computer. I have several radio stations I listen to via the net, and I used to be a MOG subscriber, may it RIP, and a stand alone DAC is far better than the...
  8. B

Tube Gear Suggestions

With that kind of budget, I'd get one of Bob Latino's amps assembled, and either a Latino pre amp or a Conrad Johnson. If you prefer vintage, a Harmon Kardon Citation II that has been rebuilt would do the trick. With your budget the choices are many.
  9. B

Tube audio goals for 2015

Finish my W5M rebuilds and my SET mono blocks. Sell what I don't need to support my acoustic guitar habit. Deciding what I don't need is hard.
  10. B

Budget ST70 build

The Triodes sound great.
  11. B

Dynaco st 70- what to look for/look out for?

What I'm trying to do is hark back to the time where I had not built anything. I started building guitar effects pedals then worked my way up to a tweed Champ before building an ST 70 kit. If the OP wants to learn to solder and build a kit, it can certainly be done and I would not discourage...
  12. B

It would be if put into my Triode build, but the Triode has a big upgraded power transformer and PS board. The Triode driver board is no slouch. It's a tie. The VTA has some sweet PIO caps.
  13. B

Stereomours back in action

My unit had a bad 2A3, so was down for a while. I was having a good time with my Fisher 500C and modded ST 70, but when put back into the main system, I realized just how attached I am to the SET sound. Man, those 2A3s just sing.
  14. B

Crash course Dynaco ST 70 101. Your not knowing what bias is, and that's ok, everyone starts somewhere, would lead me to advise you to either get a unit refurbished already, or a working unit and budget around $200 for a tech to go through it and make it safe and reliable. Around here...
  15. B

I'd like to try tubes - recommend an integrated amp to a tube noob, please!

A Scott LK 72 is a great sounding integrated. It is very warm and relaxed. Great for those old jazz records. You can't go wrong with a Scott or Fisher that has been rebuilt, and it will not go down in value.
Back
Top Bottom