Recent content by Brad Muller

1. Brad Muller

Pioneer SA-9500 Buzzing Output

My son recently picked up a Pioneer SA-9500 amp that turns on, however when headphones are plugged in it buzzes through both channels. The volume knob doesn't have an impact on the buzzing, nor do any of the switches when turned. There doesn't appear to be any loose wires when the case was...
  2. Brad Muller

Pioneer SA-9500ii Power Switch Question

I have a Pioneer SA-9500ii with a dead power switch, the one in my unit is an ALPS M-063 ASK-124-0. I have located an ALPS N-4 I believe but it is also labeled an ASK-124-0. My question is will the power switch work in my unit? They look identical, but the one for sale came out of a 7800, and...
  3. Brad Muller

Onkyo Scepter 300

My son sent me a picture of these last night for sale locally, told him he better grab them!!! He went today and picked them up from the owner, who's friend purchased them in Japan when he was stationed there. Haven't listened to them yet, because of the woofers needing foam. Does anybody know...
  4. Brad Muller

Pioneer S-99 Twin X Find

My Son just picked up a pair of Pioneer S-99 Twin X's pretty cheap. We know they're pretty high end Pioneers, that seem to be released only in Japan. Other than that, we haven't found much. I figured some of you Pioneer guys might know something about these.
  5. Brad Muller

Pioneer S-99 Twin X Pickup

Hey guys, my son picked up a pair of Pioneer S-99 twin X speakers cheap. There isn't much info to be found on them, such as prices or even speakers for sale. It appears that they may have been available in Japan only.
  6. Brad Muller

Marantz 2240 Problem

That was my guess as well, I found a previous AK thread about the relay this morning. I lightly sanded the relay contacts with 600 grit sandpaper, and cleaned the relay again with Deoxit. I've been playing it all day and haven't had the problem since! Thanks for the reply!
  7. Brad Muller

Marantz 2240 Problem

I recently picked up a very clean Marantz 2240 with the wood case for $50. After a healthy deox of all the controls and switches, it still has a problem. When powering the unit up, one side will sometimes cut out, could be the right, or the left. However, once I start adjusting the volume about...
  8. Brad Muller

JBL & Marantz Score

The Pacific Northwest still has some gear, but it's getting harder to find and people are after it! you have to act quickly anymore..
  9. Brad Muller

JBL & Marantz Score

This was a rather special score this weekend. My son found two separate scores on Saturday. He found a mint a pair of JBL L212 speakers, as well as a mint Marantz 2325 from the original owner with the wood case. The JBL's were missing the subwoofer, the Marantz is missing a couple knobs....but...
  10. Brad Muller

Infinity Sunday....Quietly of Course

These are pretty impressive. I think the Cresendo 3009's are crazy! Of course, it's hard to part with the RS 3b's. I still need 4 replacement woofers for the Kappa 9's, if you have any suggestions. I can only imagine how those will sound....That, and a little cat repair. I love clearing out old...
  11. Brad Muller

Found some nice old JBL Signature Speakers

Yes, the aluminum legs came on both speakers.
  12. Brad Muller

Found some nice old JBL Signature Speakers

Strange build D123 woofer, 075 tweeters, N2600 crossover. Which Model are they guys?
  13. Brad Muller

Jensen PR-400A Speakers & Goodies

The woofer looks just like this except it's black. I think it might be a Greg Bolly type score....
  14. Brad Muller

I tried to remove the backs, but they're tight as a glove. I was able to see with a swiveled mirror through the bottom port, the original tweeter and midrange. I was also able to see the model # on the woofer, which is C15NF. I don't think the backs have ever been off.
  15. Brad Muller

My son found a pair of Jensen PR-400A custom console speakers along with a Denon POA-1500k, and Sansui QRX-4500 for the cool price of $400. The Denon and Sansui speak for themselves, however, we can't find much info on the Jensen speakers. They appear to be quite rare, with one AK thread posted...
Back
Top Bottom