Recent content by brad1138

1. brad1138

AudioGon FB adds

This showed up on my FB feed a couple days ago, it is a picture of my system I shared on their site a few years ago. Does anyone know if their ad was personalized just for me or are they using my image for all to see? I forgot to "like" it and now I can't find the ad again...
  2. brad1138

Best TT for under $2,500?

I just checked, mine is an older arm, but it does have that screw. But in either case, I don't think I have azimuth issues. Thanks
  3. brad1138

Did that hurt? ;) My OL does not and neither did the Clearaudio Satisfy stock tonearm. The OL's azimuth looks spot on and I can shim the cart if needed, I'll order an azimuth checker (done). Before spending well over $1,000 on another tonearm, I'd just buy a whole new TT. I have looked at...
  4. brad1138

Thanks all. I appreciate all your suggestions, and I will research them further. I started looking at Well Tempered Labs stuff, as mentioned above. There was a local used WTL Amadeus for sale for $900, it had been listed for 2 months on Craigslist. I contacted the seller, it sold yesterday...
  5. brad1138

I currently have a 20 year old original ClearAudio Emotion TT with Origin Live Silver tone arm and Hana SL cart, I still have the original tonearm as well. I also have a Beatles edition Project Debut Carbon Esprit SB. I was thinking of selling all that and using the money to get a new TT, maybe...
  6. brad1138

Accidentally running tube amp w/o speaker hooked up...

I do listen and it sounds great. I didn't know if damage would be obvious or possibly subtle, and my ears aren't as good as they once were. Even if "I" couldn't hear it, knowing I damaged it and others might be able to hear it would bother me. But I appreciate all the responses, you helped me...
  7. brad1138

Accidentally running tube amp w/o speaker hooked up...

I have a custom built SET 2a3 amp, with Bottlehead transformers and other niceties. A little while back I turned it on to warm up, as I usually do. An hour or so later I started a CD and turned up the volume, (I only listen at about 70 dB, and my speakers are 95 dB efficient, so it wasn't "up"...
  8. brad1138

CD sounding better than FLAC in my system.

OK, I've been googling a lot. I figured how to enable WASAPI, now I am trying to decide if I want Push or Event WASAPI... Also I noticed that the sampling rate does not dynamically change at the RME Driver level. It has been stuck on 44.1 all the time I have been listening to new hi res albums...
  9. brad1138

I have enabled WASAPI in the past, but I don't really remember if it is currently installed, I will make sure it is.
  10. brad1138

I run windows 10 on the laptop. Foobar 2000 is the playback software. I have run Linux in the past and would be fine with doing it again, but Foobar is so nice with the cell phone control options, and it's not available on Linux.
  11. brad1138

USB, and although I don't really think 1 USB cable could be better than another in this situation, this one came from Emotiva, with gold plated connectors. Better than a cheap generic cable anyway.
  12. brad1138

I agree. I am very aware of placebo and preconceived bias, it can be hard not to let those be a factor. I need one of my audiophile friends over for a 2nd opinion, but none live close. After I noticed it this time, I remembered I had noticed the same thing a few years ago. I do not believe...
  13. brad1138

I run an RME ADI-2 DAC fs, it's 2 sources are a laptop for FLAC files and a 6 disc Onkyo DVD player as CD transport (via Coax). I don't use the latter much. I was comparing the 2 and I think the transport sound better, more defined and more space between instruments. It really shouldn't...
  14. brad1138

NOS RCA 2a3s internal differences

One a friends recommendation, I bought a pair of these. I only have about 5 hours on them but they sound great, which is all that really matters I guess, but little inconsistencies like this bug me. They are not the same internally, one of them has 1 rectangular metal "box" at the bass, the...
  15. brad1138

Finally taking the plunge into tube amps (SET), but a couple questions from a noob

Yes, designed by Brandon Wade and Paul. Brandon built it for me.
Back
Top Bottom