Recent content by bradfro

1. bradfro

What is the most compact sized vintage recevier?

The ADS R1 is very compact receiver 3 inches high, 17inches wide and 14 inches deep. 35 watts per channel
  2. bradfro

NAD 7155 weak channel. Any ideas where to start? *SOLVED*

I noticed the 7155 has the preout/amp in jumpers. If you have a spare preamp or power amp or another integrated amp/receiver with the same jumpers, you could narrow down the problem to either the amp side or preamp side. I would also make sure your controls are cleaned with deoxit d5 for...
  3. bradfro

Kenwood KA-3500

My only complaint with the ka-3500 is from a service point of view. The kenwood engineers didn’t put a bottom plate on the amp. So to get at the circuit board to replace parts, you have to remove the front panel and faceplate and the main board from the base Other than that, I completely...
  4. bradfro

Need advice for a budget used amp

Why not buy a second Audiosource Amp 100. You can bridge them for 160 watts per channel. You should be able to pick one up for around $100. This will leave you $200 for a decent preamp, like the Kenwood C1 or the C2
  5. bradfro

Need A New STEREO Amp :(

Onkyo Integra A-807 80 watts per channel $319 search ebay no Affiliation
  6. bradfro

Restoring a NAD 3020, kenwood ka-3500, NAD 3300. Finished realistic sta-800 and ka-3500. On deck...

Restoring a NAD 3020, kenwood ka-3500, NAD 3300. Finished realistic sta-800 and ka-3500. On deck is a Denon dcd 1290.
  7. bradfro

AK is 19 years old, so we're having a raffle.

July 26th 2012
  8. bradfro

Knowledge about KA 7100?

The kenwood ka7100 is a great vintage amp. When fully restored it will produce a nice warm 3D sound. That’s the problem, most 7100’s you’ll find on ebay are not restored. There will almost certainly be electrolytic capacitors that have dried up because of its age. When a capacitor loses it’s...
  9. bradfro

Adcom GFA-1A “power cycling?” once a source is applied

I’ve worked on one of these. As some else said on this site, the engineer who designed this should be shot. If you need to get at the output transistors, you have to completely remove the heat sinks and about 10 or 12 diodes with really thin wires, you will need to unsolder them from the...
  10. bradfro

FIXED (AGAIN!): Stumped by power up issue on a Realistic STA-85 receiver

Interesting fact, the sta-800 is nearly identical to the sta-85. There maybe some minor circuit differences, if you look at both circuit boards they look identical. The front and back panels are identical.
  11. bradfro

Minneapolis, HK A500 Tube Integrated, HK Tuner, Viking reel to reel

Estate sale start Friday April 9th. I have no affiliation with this sale Probably not working (notice cheap stereo sitting on top) Harmon Kardon A500 tube integrated amp, Harmon Kardon tube tuner and a Viking of Minneapolis reel to reel. all sitting in a nice cabinet with speakers. I wonder...
  12. bradfro

Proton AM-300 Integrated Amp Restoration

I would like the Proton AM-300 a lot more if it had a normal volume knob instead of the "up" down" push buttons. Other than that, this is a super cool integrated. I was wondering if you might have a problem with replacing the main filter caps because of the height limitations
  13. bradfro

short hum at startup of recapped NAD 3120

I fixed my post, thanks
  14. bradfro

Nad 3020a

I just finished up a 3020, I think it’s the same as yours. You do need to remove the solder bridge and measure across the bridge for 30-60 MV. I solder leads on both sides of the bridge and attach my dvm To the leads. It’s just easier. I can’t answer your question about resistor values, since...
  15. bradfro

NAD 3155 outputs one channel only

That resistor is in the power supply section. It’s 5 watts and is designed to get warm, but, of course, it shouldn’t be smoking. You need to unplug the amp and take the bottom plate off, turn the amp on it’s side, with the transformer on the bottom for balance and inspect the solder joints...
Back
Top Bottom