Recent content by BradleyS

1. BradleyS

AU-317 Speaker Terminal Replacements?

Unfortunately, no. The pandemic and other events have been significant enough, I've had to shift my full focus elsewhere for the foreseeable future.
  2. BradleyS

Both. Hopefully available again next month, 2020 has been a bear.
  3. BradleyS

Already designed. Very substantial build to match a very substantial build.
  4. BradleyS

Looking good. Not far off from what I'm doing. Mine have no screws and I have a beefier model not yet revealed. If the apocalypse, er... "winter" gets off to a good start, I'll be making them available in Barter Town for AK members soon, hopefully November.
  5. BradleyS

Patent pending. 8-) Seriously though, I'm sure they'll turn out great. Be sure to share some photos! ;)
  6. BradleyS

I use a variety of manufacturing processes, including injection molding, machining, etc. This particular product is 3D printed on industrial machines; aside from the connectors, of course. It's screwless and tabless, and requires no chassis modification. No current ad in Barter Town due to the...
  7. BradleyS

Drop-in replacement I make as installed in @OttOpixel's AU-317 (now you have a photo 8-)).
  8. BradleyS

Phase Linear 1000 Autocorrelator

https://web.archive.org/web/20190205224945/http://home.onemain.com/~jvandyke/id9.html
  9. BradleyS

CA-F1 on the bench

Very nice work.
  10. BradleyS

Sansui Sp-2000 Issue

Sounds like progress!
  11. BradleyS

Sansui Sp-2000 Issue

Yes, I was speaking about the inside of the crossover. The wafers are the stacked parts behind the controls, with the contacts on them. That's the only place this is usually needed, but you can put a drop of DeOxit on the driver terminals if they're push-on connections as opposed to soldered on.
  12. BradleyS

Sansui Sp-2000 Issue

Flush well with contact cleaner, wait a moment, work back and forth, wait a moment (but not long enough to fully evaporate), repeat as many times as you like. Stuff a folded paper towel or napkin below the wafers and do the same with DeOxit, probably don't need quite as much. Gravity should...
  13. BradleyS

Sansui Sp-2000 Issue

Depends on whether they soldered the connections or used quick disconnects that push on and pull off. You can probably get a read without disconnecting any wires if you do it at the driver terminals.
  14. BradleyS

Sansui Sp-2000 Issue

You might also want to disconnect one wire from each problematic driver and test with a multimeter set to Ohms to see if the voice coil is alive. I would clean the switches thoroughly first.
  15. BradleyS

Sansui Sp-2000 Issue

If they need a heavy cleaning (black contacts), you might want to pick up some contact cleaner as well, same as DeOxit but without the lubricant. I stopped in a Harbor Freight store to pick up a small gift this past week and was pleasantly surprised to see they carry CRC QD Electronic Cleaner...
Back
Top Bottom