Recent content by Braunbear66

1. Braunbear66

Passive woofers?

Yes toast more like dust the foam. I did mine in January with this from Amazon. ESS Speaker Passive Radiator Kit, 12" Speakers, ESS AMT-1A, Must be carful not to pull any wires off there location best to take a photo like I did to make sure. Also make sure no wires are touching your passive or...
  2. Braunbear66

RSL speakers, am I alone?

Thats good to hear. I purchased mine from a guy on this site. I have some older vintage RSL also SOUND amazing. I did replace the passives on the Elan's . I ordered some on Amazon around 40 bucks. When I came back in January to California for a visit I did the replacement. I removed the front...
  3. Braunbear66

What TT's do you folks have

Back home in LA a Philips and something below I picked up at garage sale for $25 bucks.
  4. Braunbear66

Sennheiser hd650 vs hd600

Ive been using the Grado's for the past weeks and I think there really amazing and the open sound like pure joy and comfortable. The cable is a beast. Ive was so impressed I purchased there Grado Reference 2 MI cartridge waiting for shipment.
  5. Braunbear66

What's the difference in turntable mats?

I purchased a Pro-Ject Carbon Debut DC with the Ortofon red 2m. I believe to be a entry level TT. I used it for a month with the Felt and the metal platter. I thought it sounded really good. I then purchased the Acrylic platter for it and cork Pro-Ject mat. I think myself by raising or lowering...
  6. Braunbear66

ID this Grado Cartridge

Nice TT I have one of those back home in the USA. I was going to bring it with me to Amsterdam but decided to purchase something new while I'm here. Enjoy.
  7. Braunbear66

headphone users? what cans do you have?

Darn I'm addicted how good the music sounds with good headphone's. Those are nice Sennheiser enjoy.
  8. Braunbear66

Hooking Up Two Turntables Together

I had used a RCA switch box from Radio shack it had a hum after a day. It worked great in the beginning.
  9. Braunbear66

NAD C338 Preamplifier- Looking for opinions - suggestions

I was 100 percent going to get the Cambridge CXA60 I checked it out when I was in London made a appointment but the speakers hooked up were puny and sounded small. Really nice unit build wise but I would then have to also get a phono stage I was thinking at the time but have changed my mind...
  10. Braunbear66

Hooking Up Two Turntables Together

I did the double TT a little different. I used my stock phono stage on my amp for phono 1. I purchased a phono stage for second TT and plugged it into my line in on my amp. I used the shortest RCA interconnects by Audioquest and now have two really nice sounding turntables one on stock NAD amp...
  11. Braunbear66

NAD C338 Preamplifier- Looking for opinions - suggestions

I have the C368 for the past two months and I really like it as far as it's features and sound and reliability bluetooth hook up. 336 has a bit more power but I don't need to crank it up with my Dali Zenzor 3 rated at 8ohm 125 W. It really fills the room nicely. I don't know if that helps or not...
  12. Braunbear66

headphone users? what cans do you have?

Grado RS2e showed up today at the door. Really have to say these are light as a feather and sound supreme and are really my most comfortable headphone I ever had on my head. Time to put some hours on them. I'm blown away how nice these sound and for open back there really quiet. The cord's a...
  13. Braunbear66

AKG K701

So I found the Grado G cushion on Amazon US. $45.00. People say there more comfortable then stock and can change the sound a bit. I'll get these sent over as there not available on Amazon Germany. Nice to have different stuff that makes differences in sound and fit everyones different so I'll...
  14. Braunbear66

In my Ears or Between my Ears - iTunes

Nice sounds good I also have the Nest thermostat. I use something similar for my garage door as a remote because the one that came with it broke down. So this would open my garage door via the iPhone or Echo or remote. My kids really want me to get some lights that they can turn off using the...
  15. Braunbear66

AKG K701

Yes this is true. But I did get some really nice Hi Fi gear at a good price no tax or it's included with the price. So I purchase around 3000 euros in gear and no added tax. So the price on the shelf is what you pay. Lots of the gear was priced really good I checked against USD prices. I did...
Back
Top Bottom