Recent content by 77Bronco

1. 77Bronco

Non MC great carts of all time, those carts that show MC how it is done what is yours?

I don’t have the breadth of experience most of you have with different carts and designs. I’ve only recently begun trying MC options thanks to C_dk (RIP) giving me a nice signet SUT and a few MC carts to try, along with purchasing a couple myself. I do love the sound from the MC choices I have...
  2. 77Bronco

Where's c_dk? (RIP July 4, 2020)

I got the Uber rare opportunity to have a few hours to myself tonight. So, I thought it to be perfect time to turn up a spirit in Chris’ honor, and play some tunes on gear that Chris went through for me. He was a great guy! He got to know my interests outside of Audio, asked about my family...
  3. 77Bronco

It is with a very heavy heart that I pass on the news that Chris passed away yesterday. I have been approached by a moderator here, and asked if I would be willing to take the lead in doing a little something for Chris and his family. I will make a new posting in the McIntosh forum in the...
  4. 77Bronco

Well guys, I was able to reach Chris’ wife this evening. After asking her permission to update, I have some bad news. Chris was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer, and returned home a couple days ago for home hospice care. She asked if I could assist in getting any items that Chris was working on...
  5. 77Bronco

I’m off tomorrow. I think I’m going to go up and just do a wellness check, not like him to not return calls and texts right away. For now, he’s in my prayers.
  6. 77Bronco

I just texted him, hoping I may hear from him soon. I spoke to him on the phone on 6/2. We spoke about some items he’s working on for me. I hope everything is ok with him.
  7. 77Bronco

Marc Morin - Rest In Peace Our Friend

Godspeed Marc! My deepest and most sincere condolences to his family and other loved ones. May comfort and Grace surround you all. :(
  8. 77Bronco

Building 1973 System

Another vote for the sx-828. Happens to be my personal favorite receiver. 2nd pic shows how I tend to hoard what I like (I’ve since added a 4th)
  9. 77Bronco

Rate YOUR Speakers You Own Right NOW.

Electro Voice Sentry III’s Ads L810a’s Phase Tech 9t’s Braun 710’s OHM Walsh 2’s Phase tech PC-60 OHM Microwalsh Regrettably sold off 2 pair of EPI M202’s...they would’ve been just behind the 810’s
  10. 77Bronco

Anyone welded speaker stands?

Yeah...I really need to work on my dismount. Still haven’t quite gotten that right. :/
  11. 77Bronco

Anyone welded speaker stands?

Here are some copies I made of the ads f800 stands. This first set was out of stainless steel, but I can just as easily do some out of mild. I planned to make a run of f700 and f800 stands....but, alas...life just keeps me hopping and I struggle to find much shop time with a 12 mo old, and...
  12. 77Bronco

C47 or C34V, with MC452?

I’ll chime in here to say...I’ve recently had Chris (c_dk) restore a number of pieces for me recently. I’m super pleased with everything so far that he has done. But the one night/day difference piece was the c33 he did. There was a bad switch, but along with that he returned a pretty good bag...
  13. 77Bronco

Best looking and working $500 range vintage TT

I like the look of AR’s, especially the ES-1 and “the turntable”. Seen a few in that ballpark
  14. 77Bronco

Your Favorite Receiver

The 3 receivers that are my keepers. Marantz 2235 Pioneer sx-1250 Pioneer sx-828 The 828 is my favorite to listen to...so much so, I’m hoarding four of them. :)
  15. 77Bronco

MC2100 Shed find

I think you did. I think the mc2100 is one of the best bang/buck buys you can find...certainly if you want Mac gear. I love the versatility. Being able to bridge and run a pair is a great selling point to me, and I absolutely love the industrial look. I’m sure I’m in the minority, but I’m...
Back
Top Bottom