Recent content by bret53147

1. B

Hooking an amp to a receiver without pre outs

Sorry everyone for not getting back to you. I bought the Bellari pa550 so I could have multiple inputs - I also got the converter but never tried it - probably stupid of me. So far, the sound is everything I could hope for. The whole valley can hear, and they’ve let me know it. I can run the...
  2. B

I will get the converter and let you know. Thanks a million!
  3. B

I forgot to mention I’d also like to get fm with that device if possible, but can live without it.
  4. B

I’m just asking these questions because I really don’t know. I’ll try to address your questions as I understand them. I have the Crown 1502 because I want more headroom, something I’ve kind of learned about reading this forum. The Yamaha alone does get loud, but I tend to want to push it. I...
  5. B

I should say I like the price and simplicity of the line out converter but it says 80 watts. Does that matter?
  6. B

Thanks so far; this is great. When I read about the gain controls, I took a look at the Yamaha r-s202 and saw it has rca line out for audio dubbing. Can I use this with the Crown and if so, will I hear tuner, Bluetooth, and lines 1 and 2 through the speakers according to what I’m playing?
  7. B

I have an old Technics sa-gx650 and am thinking about getting a Crown XLS 1502 to power a pair of Yamaha br15s outside. They are currently powered straight from a Yamaha 202. I received a lot of help here last fall to get this far; now I want more power.
  8. B

Can a power amp be hooked to the vcr 1 audio outs or tape monitor outs on an old avr? Thanks
  9. B

Getting big sound outside

The rca amp came. It’s a Rolls and it’s not called a rca amp but you can put in rca stereo or 35 mm stereo and get some amplification. It works perfectly for what I need. Thanks again to all who gave me advice, alternatives, or insults that were beyond my comprehension. For anyone who was...
  10. B

So, thanks to everyone; I’ve temporarily solved all of the problems, even the one that occurred since my last post. I found a second used br15 and can fill my yard and the whole valley with sound no one else wants to hear. Let me explain. My wife approved of the one br15 but only I could tell...
  11. B

This stereo only has the option of mono when listening to fm. I’m listening to an MP3 player right now and can tell I’m missing some. I guess my only option is to get two PA speakers or the Kickers. What do you think?
  12. B

OK, so I’m reduced to asking this one simple, stupid question; and it may already have been answered: am I missing any sound with the balance turned all the way to one side?
  13. B

It sure seems like it. For now it's going in and out every time.
  14. B

I mean is mono only available in tuner mode or is it mono for line in 1, line in 2, and 3? I think you answered the question, just asking a different way.
  15. B

Here’s a couple of really dumb questions regarding that: The manual says I can switch it to mono in tuner mode. Does that mean it’s always in stereo the rest of the time? I thought this would be the case, but will some of the sound be lost even with the balance turned all the way over? Never...
Back
Top Bottom