Recent content by brokenbroken

1. brokenbroken

Ubuntu 16.04 HTPC Issues

Ive had video issues with every ubuntu release after 12.04 so I just stick with that.
  2. brokenbroken

Are any 80's Mid-Fi really going for this kind of coin?

That looks very close to an Aiwa system I had a few years ago. Pretty good performer for what it was. I think I paid around 50 bucks for it.
  3. brokenbroken

Vintage amp doesn't put out any sound! Worth fixing? How to troubleshoot?

Did you check the tape monitor buttons. From what I can see there are two of them. Be sure they're set to source and not tape. Very common mistake in no sound issues. Also check to see if this amp has pre-out/main-in jacks that may need jumpers.
  4. brokenbroken

Vintage linear turntable--should I bid?

I wouldn't bid on anything on Craigslist. It's not supposed to be an auction site.
  5. brokenbroken

SX-1250 cuts out after 30 minutes...

It's been a long time since I worked on a Pioneer for this issue but I seem to remember the issue being the transistor that drives the protect relay. It would do just as yours does and if I'm remembering correctly would get worse with time until eventually clicking on and right off again or not...
  6. brokenbroken

Paradigm ADP-390v5 Yard Sale Scroe!!!!

WOW!!!! You got insanely lucky on that deal. I have the Mini Monitor v.6 and have never heard anything else in their price range that even comes close. Actually in my opinion Paradigm seems to be the best performers in every price range they make a speaker in.
  7. brokenbroken

"The Screen Savers" is Back on TWiT TV 2 May via Podcast

That was one of my favorites of the late 90's to early 2000's too. Now if they'd bring back the SciFi channel sahow Farscape too...:banana:
  8. brokenbroken

See anything good? CL ad in CT

Looks like Paradigm Monitor series...Best bang for the buck speakers I've ever owned.
  9. brokenbroken

A bit of insight would help me sleep at night

This shop sounds like one I worked for recently. They would list parts as replaced that were not. One of the reasons I was fired from there was that I refused to list parts as replaced that I had not replaced. I was shocked in the year or so I had worked there that none of the customers ever...
  10. brokenbroken

Denon AVR1611: powers on, no sound: worth repairing?

Not sure if this applies to your model but I have fixed several denon receivers with this issue by cleaning the contacts in the headphone jack. The issue was the speaker disconnect contact had become dirty and acted like headphones were plugged in when they weren't.
  11. brokenbroken

Paradigm Titan V6

The V.6 series of the Monitor speakers are the last ones made in Ontario...The V.7 that was recently released is now made in China. Thats one of the reasons I picked up the V.6 while I could.
  12. brokenbroken

Paradigm Titan V6

I just bought a pair of the Mini Monitor V.6 and I am very impressed with them. Very deep bass for the size without being boomy. The imaging is also extremely impressive for speakers in their price range and they seem very efficient. The Titan V.6 are the essentially the same as the Mini's...
  13. brokenbroken

Which New TV would you buy

I work at a home theater shop as a sales and service tech. We sell a lot of the internet connected tv's and almost every single one of them gets connected. I have never seen an issue with a virus or trojan downloaded off the web. True these are computers but while I'm not sure about all of them...
  14. brokenbroken

think I got the answer to my question?

About five years ago I was testing a turntable I had repaired at work. One of my fellow employees who was 19 at the time came up to me and asked if the arm traveled from the outside to the inside of the record as it played or the opposite. At first I thought he was just being sarcastic until I...
  15. brokenbroken

1970 Technics -

I've solved a lot of speed issues by cleaning the pitch control and internal motor speed controls if the unit has them with Deoxit.
Back
Top Bottom