Recent content by Bruno Primas

1. Bruno Primas

Akai GX-F44R

IIRC, I ended up removing the front face and used dental picks to replace the counter belts. I did not replace the main belt. It's been about 5 years and has been running correctly ever since. Really a nice deck when working.
  2. Bruno Primas

Akai GX-F44R

If the two belts are stretched out for the counter and the counter doesn't move in 'play' mode, this will happen. There is a sensor on the counter and when it stops, it shuts off the motor or if you're in continuous play mode, it will try to play the other side. I have one and this was the...
  3. Bruno Primas

Pioneer SX-1500TD Restoration

Here's a picture of the board with original driver transistors to double check orientation of your new replacements.
  4. Bruno Primas

You can pull and test the outputs to make sure that they are not the issue. However, if your transistors are in the correct location and are orientated correctly, I'd be looking for a poor solder connection or a "bridged" solder mistake.
  5. Bruno Primas

Make sure you've got the one PNP and two NPN in the right places. I mixed one up one time and I got sound, no light on my dim bulb, but I wasn't able to set DC balance.
  6. Bruno Primas

Marantz 2230 problem

It's also good practice to turn the unit on with the volume down and the speakers off. Give it a few seconds after turning it on and then push your speaker button and then adjust the volume.
  7. Bruno Primas

SX 929...???

The 1971 Pioneer SX-2500 was a capacitor-coupled receiver and was 72 watts per channel. The SX-1500TD was 58 watts per channel. The 2500 was only bested in 1974 by the 1010.
  8. Bruno Primas

SX 929...???

The SX-2500 was still in production at that time, I believe.
  9. Bruno Primas

Gerrard Zero 100

The hardest part for me was getting the 'trip pawl' free. It has to move extremely freely to work correctly, like in this short video I made years ago.
  10. Bruno Primas

Gerrard Zero 100

I enjoy mine very much. Once cleaned of old grease and set up properly, they work well and I've found it to be very reliable. However, if you are not one to disassemble and work on turntables, I wouldn't recommend it.
  11. Bruno Primas

The 1220 and 2690 are now obsolete. The BD139/140 are the same design as them. The 2383 and 1013 are smaller.
  12. Bruno Primas

BTW, the amp board has 2SA497 AND 2SC497. The 2SA497 can be replaced with the BD140.
  13. Bruno Primas

Is it quiet in 'aux'? Phono will always have some noise with no signal. It'll definitely be less with new transistors.
  14. Bruno Primas

I believe I used the KSC2690AYS to replace mine. I think they are now obsolete so I've read the BD139 would be a suitable replacement for the 2SC497.
  15. Bruno Primas

Make sure your microphone volume is turned down all of the way. If up, it will add noise to your signal chain. Just a thought. When running correctly, in 'aux' mode, you should have almost no noise with no input and volume turned all of the way up.
Back
Top Bottom