Recent content by BRW

1. BRW

Anyone in Silicon Valley and Bay Area?

It's up and running, I thought the same thing. There is actually a lot of activity there. I posted a console just over a week ago and it's already had over 2000 views. Stuff comes up through the day.
  2. BRW

Anyone in Silicon Valley and Bay Area?

Welcome Joe! To assist your hunt I recommend you become a subscriber to the site (is only $25 a year) as it give you access to a lot more areas of the site that are useful to learning and items that are for sale (thread called BarterTown). Its were members can buy and sell their gear.
  3. BRW

1963 Fisher President VIII 8000 Console

I only had the opportunity to listen for about 3 mins, but during that time they sounded wonderful. Hard to believe the sound that was able to be produced back then.
  4. BRW

Additional shots...
  5. BRW

Philips fx82, here's the literature from the operations manual addressing the speakers. Also I attached some pictures of the left cabinet interior.
  6. BRW

I will take and post some tomorrow...any other angles?
  7. BRW

Gentleman....I believe I am going to put the console up for sale because 1.) its what the wife wants, 2.) I prefer to have a unit that I can tinker with and this piece is much to original/rare for that, and 3.) I dont trust the Navy movers to move it without damaging the unit. Anyone interested...
  8. BRW

Dusted off with lightly dampened cloth and back in console...
  9. BRW

:eek2: Dave your technical knowledge seems endless....and always appreciated!
  10. BRW

No need for the technical description, that makes even sense here! Thanks
  11. BRW

Other than to protect the tubes, do shields had additional benefits that are essential for use? I'll keep them in-place but for my knowledge.
  12. BRW

Thanks Larry!
  13. BRW

Pulled the tuner out today. Any shields missing of incorrectly installed? Also, is that antenna in the lower left stock?
  14. BRW

Thanks Dave, I'll remove the extra shield and simply wipe down the others with a damp cloth to keep finish. When you/others talk about replacing the caps, which caps are we talking about, as it seems like there are endless ones internally?
  15. BRW

Here is the 400 CX-2 pre-amp...Can you tell from inside pic if it has been recapped?
Back
Top Bottom