Recent content by bryanrog

1. bryanrog

Nakamichi SR-4A Receiver Problem, Only one channel works

I used CRC contact cleaner and it doesn't work compared to deoxit. I have a sr3a and after deoxit and a bit of soldering it worked fine. I had some traces that were cracked a bit by the input jacks for video that I resoldered. I would try pushing on cables that you have hooked up at the back see...
  2. bryanrog

Got a AU-5900 that blows

Have to resolder this jumper as well. Does it belong here?
  3. bryanrog

Got a AU-5900 that blows

This is schematic I have. Tr17 is the one I tested as bad. R57 is the resistor that was burnt. Unless I am reading wrong.
  4. bryanrog

Got a AU-5900 that blows

I think tr21 is one of these. Should I test as well? If so how?
  5. bryanrog

Got a AU-5900 that blows

Saw that r57 appears to be burnt. Are there other ones I should check?
  6. bryanrog

Got a AU-5900 that blows

Pulled the output transistors and tested. Only one tested bad. Went to TonyCh thread and got crossover numbers and ordered all four from digikey for now.
  7. bryanrog

Vintage speaker opinions/suggestions/recommendations

I have the same amp hooked up to Dynaco A-35's and like it alot. I assume A-25's would sound even better!
  8. bryanrog

New releases, 2015

Agree completely with the Decemberists. This one comes out Feb 21. Love their other stuff so I'm excited about it.
  9. bryanrog

Got a AU-5900 that blows

I have a hakko soldering station. I have replaced capacitors in speakers before and soldered in lamps in my marantz receiver. Not the most experienced but am getting better. My multi meter is a greenlee, but I don't have the background on how everything works on it. These are items I...
  10. bryanrog

Got a AU-5900 that blows

Pics of receiver, got manual.
  11. bryanrog

Got a AU-5900 that blows

First post, been a member for a bit. I have some limited experience fixing pieces using this site for reference many times. I have this Sansui that I got for free when I bought a tuner. I have no idea of the history of the piece but looks to be in clean shape. I cleaned it up and replaced the...
Back
Top Bottom