Recent content by bryndildaddy

1. bryndildaddy

Which table does the ex wife get?

Follow up - Stuck with the Thorens w/Ortofon. Stylus will need replacing soon, but loving life!
  2. bryndildaddy

She gets the Luxman stack, I get the MacIntosh. My MX117 is actually friendlier with the Hana. She gets to pick from post marital vinyl, and if we disagree our mediator flips a coin. Seriously. It's just crazy that things came to this.
  3. bryndildaddy

Hi All, I am now faced with the time honored quandary of trying to decide which turntable that my ex wife gets per the divorce decree. I would much rather keep both since time, thought, and expense has been sunk into each, buying some local slag heap to pawn off, but that won't cut it. Table...
  4. bryndildaddy

Meridian 506.24 woes.

Hey All! My beloved Meridian 506.24 CD player has fallen victim to a butter fingered friend. When the drawer of this unit opens, and the CD is place in it, there is a black plastic cap in the center that stabilizes the disk (much like the centerpiece in a jewel box). During a listening session...
  5. bryndildaddy

Meridian 506.24 woes.

6. bryndildaddy

New Kimber 8TC!

Just had twenty feet of Kimber Kable 8TC goodness delivered to my office from the factory in Ogden, Utah. I'd been going through a bit of an identity crisis since finding out the 8PR I thought I was running actually wasn't Kimber product. After way too many failed attempts at low ball bidding...
  7. bryndildaddy

Super cool listening roo in Portland.

Of course I meant room. Kanga doesn't live there.
  8. bryndildaddy

Super cool listening roo in Portland.

Ain't no standing waves here. http://www.oregonlive.com/hg/index.ssf/2015/06/architect_robert_oshatz_wilkin.html#incart_gallery
  9. bryndildaddy

Questions About The SME 3009

I have a 3009 on my Thorens. It is my first experience with an aftermarket arm, and I love it. SME put out an amazing number of iterations - Vinyl Engine was super helpful for me in terms of figuring out which arm I have: http://www.vinylengine.com/library/sme.shtml At the time I seem to...
  10. bryndildaddy

Mapleshade Heavyfeet footers!

Those look nice, and how are they attached to the JBL's? The JBLs rest directly on the footers flat top. At 70 lbs each, and lacking rambunctious children I'm not really too worried about them being dislodged. Mapleshade does make a threaded version that can be screwed in if that's a...
  11. bryndildaddy

Mapleshade Heavyfeet footers!

Hey All! Even though my L212s are technically floor standing speakers I had always wanted to spike them to maximize their sound quality. Years passed and I spent my hi fi dollars putting out fires in my system rather than advancing. Due to subscribing to Stereophile I began getting...
  12. bryndildaddy

Mystery Speaker Cables.

Thanks for the reply ra.ra. Each run is comprised of four positive and four negative strands. Each strand appears to be 22 gauge at most.
  13. bryndildaddy

Mystery Speaker Cables.

Hey All! I recently had to cancel an eBay auction when I was notified that what I thought were Kimber Kable 8PR cables were actually not. I had gotten several runs of 4PR from a thrift shop here in Portland, OR, so I thought these were Kimber product as well given the braided construction...
  14. bryndildaddy

Free Jubal score!

Check out these JBL L65 Jubals I scored from the free bench in Shaw Island, WA. One of the smoked glass tops is cracked, inevitable woofer surround rot never addressed, but (blue) grills intact, and 077 tweeters super cool. I originally owned a pair Jubals in the mid 80s, but had to sell them...
  15. bryndildaddy

My new Thorens/SME/Ortofon rig!

OK, I've gotta ask - why on earth does the Thorens platter sometimes spin backwards when I turn the table on?
Back
Top Bottom