Recent content by btol

1. btol

Updated - Memorial Information - Santa (Glen) has passed

Glen let me borrow an amp he built when I was getting into tube amps and I barely knew him. I only met him briefly a few times but it was clear that he was knowledgeable, kind, and generous.
  2. btol

Bit the bullet, bought the Gustard R26 DAC

Using a Node 2021 via USB so I can't say.
  3. btol

I'm at 100h give or take. First handful of hours I was missing the Pontus II but at this point it's a toss up. Hope to reach 200h before the 30 day return window closes.
  4. btol

Got mine yesterday. Only had the chance to listen to a couple songs. Will keep it burning while we have guests for the rest of the week.
  5. btol

I picked up a Pontus II a few days ago and have the R26 on the way. Excited to do a head to head. Only one will stay. Had the Pontus II previously but my set up was pretty different at the time. It continues to sound excellent.
  6. btol

Tube Amp Coupling Cap Discharge Time?

I'll try the bleeder resistor. Will measure voltage in the two 47uf caps you identified...I assume the big brown one as well. What about the smaller black cap next to the 47uf ones and the black one above each el84 socket? I have some .47ohm 3w resistors. Will one of those work?
  7. btol

lol Thank you. Makes sense. The schem is Greek to me but figured I'd put it here for convenience. Also found a shot of the underside. Is the filter cap the large brown one on bottom right? If so, just measure voltage via negative DMM lead to the neg cap lead and pos DMM lead to pos cap lead?
  8. btol

I'd like to upgrade the coupling caps in my Almaro A205A Mk II tube amp. If I don't want to have to deal with a bleeder resistor, how long should I leave the amp unplugged/unpowered until it's safe to desolder the stock coupling caps? Value is .047 uf. TIA for the input.
  9. btol

Dogs Rock, Post Yer Pooch!

Our buddy Frank on a Father's Day hike with the family.
  10. btol

Pics of your listening space

You're on a Klipsch bender! Still have the cornies?
  11. btol

C 34v Thank god for the monitor amp.

Used the monitor amp on a C40 with Klipsch Fortes for a while. Very enjoyable. Wish I still had it so I could try it with Altec duplexes that I now have.
  12. btol

Wow! Magazine worthy.
  13. btol

Beautiful space and views. Lots of mods available to those Fortes if you are so inclined. I put a set of ALK networks in mine and LOVED it. Kept them for 8 years.
Back
Top Bottom