Recent content by bubba42

1. bubba42

Cheap high sensitivity speaker recommendations

They did sound great, however I got a pair of Klipsch KF3-II and didn't listen to those as much.
  2. bubba42

Nobsound EL34 Single-ended Class A tube amplifier

It looks like that Marantz has pre-amp out RCA jacks. If that is so, you should be able to connect those to the tube amp. Does that sound right to y'all?
  3. bubba42

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

I think the small size and low cost of these chip-amps has allowed me to fly under the radar. Not so much for motorcycles. :rflmao:
  4. bubba42

TPA325x amps: the next step in Class D?

I hope you're having fun, Svensson! I started with a ta2020 then the Breeze/other TPA3116 blew it away. I tried several other single and dual pre-built TPA3116 amps, which all sounded great. Then I found the TPA3255, which blew away the Breeze amps. I'd recommend taking a look at the Aiyima...
  5. bubba42

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

They are both very good. Detailed, low noise, great bass. I can't tell which is better, that would be quite subjective. The TPA3255 is more powerful in theory, but both are powerful enough that their max power doesn't apply to my situation. The ones I have, like the Aiyima A07 are very...
  6. bubba42

TPA 3116 vs the tripaths

Hi AldoGr, like PG, I too enjoy my DA-9. If you've liked your TPA3116 based amps and need more power, you can also consider TPA3255 based amps. TI makes both chips and the TPA3255 has much more power. I have several of those, the Aiyima A07 is an inexpensive, simple model, but if you want...
  7. bubba42

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

If you're looking for good bass for modern music, you might want to look elsewhere. I gave up on these tube amps. They sound terrific with classic rock and acoustic, but that isn't what I listen to as much, so it didn't suit my needs. Enjoy whatever music you want to listen to!
  8. bubba42

Aiqin/Oldchen Tube Amps

I stopped using my tube amps fairly quickly as well, both my Miniwatt and my Oldchen. They just didn't produce the bass for the music I listen to. If you listen to mainly acoustic or vintage rock, this may be awesome for you. I love the look and feel of tube amps, it just didn't match with my...
  9. bubba42

Fortunately these class D amps are tiny, you can have a large number of them stacked up and they don't take up too much space. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :rflmao: Totally agreed, PG, I'm a bit sick of the power bricks too, the internal power supply on the DA-9 is welcomed...
  10. bubba42

Thanks PG, I thought it was probably something like that. It seemed to be cheating to take a 3.5mm jack to two XLR. I'll stick with the unbalanced, it matches my demeanor. ;)
  11. bubba42

Do folks think that using a 3.5mm to XLR cable set would make a difference for the SMSL DA-9 amp using the balanced inputs with a Chromecast as the source? (possibly relevant note, I am the type that believes an expensive power cord is snake oil, especially given you have 100+ feet of cheap...
  12. bubba42

got mine today :banana:
  13. bubba42

I've found it a bit odd that very few of any TPA-based amps get reviews. There are plenty of folks on forums like this that have raved about the 31xx and 32xx TPAs, but not much beyond there. I guess these cheap amps without marketing behind them don't get much attention. Part of it is most...
  14. bubba42

Yeah, the lower power did make me question a bit. For the music I listen to, I find the TPA32xx to work better than the TPA31xx. I am hoping the Infineon has more bass.
  15. bubba42

I caved and got the DA-9 :) I wondered about the DA-8 or SA300, which are also both on sale (significantly cheaper) and Infineon based. The DA-9 is a bit more powerful, dual chips, and supposedly a better power supply, perhaps more.
Back
Top Bottom