Recent content by buildingnut

1. buildingnut

Anybody know J-intheCape?

I sent him one last email just asking him to please let me know what was going on. Unfortunately no response at all. I think at this point I just have to write this bad experience off and take better precautions next time by not using the friends and family option. I have bought a lot of items...
  2. buildingnut

Heather, I was just getting ready to check that again! Thank you and I will try to contact him again. I found some other gear that he sold to another AK member. I then reached out to that member and he said that his purchase was delivered and in great shape! I will reach out to him again and...
  3. buildingnut

My last conversation with him was on December 19th. I am pretty sure other people bought items from him via Bartertown although when a seller marks something sold it could be sold elsewhere if it was cross listed. I tried the normal search avenues, Facebook and Google and a few other search...
  4. buildingnut

I know he had sold quite a bit of gear on barter town and I quickly looked to see if anyone else had left him feedback but did not see any feedback for him. My biggest concern is that he got really sick, I just want to make sure he is okay, none of us are getting any younger and medical...
  5. buildingnut

If there is anyone here that knows Jason user name J-I theCape is there a way that you might be able to check on him? I purchased a receiver from him and we had emailed back and forth. He then stated that he was really sick and I told him no worries about the gear just get better and ship it...
  6. buildingnut

pjrengineer great to deal with!

This is long overdue, I purchased a very nice Sansui 5000X from pjrengineer. Be shipped very quickly and it was packed right and tight with not a bit of damage. I believe it was in better condition than was advertised, the ad stated it was clean and in good shape. When it arrived I was astounded...
  7. buildingnut

What's your best speaker "score"?

Man that is some crazy Karma there, I’ll drop off that turntable and pick up them Altec’s, hopefully one of your neighbors are retired, those cabinets will not be lite! Appreciate you my brother, be assured you will be able to get your “old” car back in the garage when you get home!
  8. buildingnut

What's your best speaker "score"?

That is beyond a good deal... you know that turntable I have that you want? Well we just might have to do some dealing. Either way, congratulations, awesome speakers, all of them! Amazing what some people think is trash eh?
  9. buildingnut

MX110Z troubles...

Thank you for the response! Looking for a clean copy of the schematic and then time to dig in! Thanks again for the quick response!
  10. buildingnut

MX110Z troubles...

Hello all McIntosh affecionados, I am having a couple of issues and wanted to see if you all think I could be on the right track with the diagnostics. The first and most annoying issue is the MX110Z has a very loud hum in both channels and all inputs from phono to tuner and everything in...
  11. buildingnut

SX-1980 power supply problems

What model of machine is that? It looks very well built, have not seen one quite like that before, very nice and you have a very clean bench!
  12. buildingnut

Altec 288G

Hello all just a question about how rare or maybe not rare this speaker is and if it is worth approx the same as the other 288 drivers that are 8 or 16 ohm. The reason I ask is I have seen quite a few different letters after the 288 or 291 or 290 etc but I personally have only seen one other 288...
  13. buildingnut

More praise for Jenkster

I just wanted to take some time and say thank you to Jenkster for a recent purchase that I made from him. He was great to converse with via messaging and did not miss a beat at any time during our transaction. Have no fear in dealing with this man. His product was exactly as described and his...
  14. buildingnut

Please help this tornado victim sell his Stereo equipment? (Kansas)

Thank you to each and every one of you all who took time to read through this thread and donate if you could, I know John and his girlfriend and dog appreciate every bit of help they can get at this point. This is a great place, with caring people willing to help a brother in need. Well done AK!!
  15. buildingnut

Please help this tornado victim sell his Stereo equipment? (Kansas)

Also tried to load the text messages between us but I could not get the screen shots to post, I also sent him the link and encouraged him to chime in and give a big thanks to all of you guys and gals!
Back
Top Bottom