Recent content by burgerman

1. burgerman

Restoration SX-1250, necessary to check bias and dc offset?

I know for sure he said he does not align tuners, and said that is usually not needed.
  2. burgerman

YES! Indeed there is a chance of that. I don't know his handle if he's on here, but it is very possible. He has restored a couple other things for me and they are working great, so hopefully all will be good with the monster receiver once he determines what's wrong with it.
  3. burgerman

I hear you. He does have years of experience and could not stay in business this long if he is not doings things right, I would think. He very well may get it fully restored just fine. But yes, from everything I've read on AK and other sites, seems that having a scope is standard equipment for...
  4. burgerman

Yes, will probably do that. Wouldn't think just that would cost too much more.
  5. burgerman

Sounds like sage advice. Unfortunately, it's already in his hands and most components have been replaced, but there is apparently still some issue with it. Considering how valuable the unit is, once I get it back, and if the specs were not all tested/adjusted, I will take it to another tech...
  6. burgerman

Well maybe, and hopefully, I misunderstood him about setting the bias and DC offset and he will do those, as I know he has a DMM. Pretty sure he said he does not use an O-scope anymore, or just doesn't use one at all. I do know for sure he said he does not realign the tuner. But, I understand...
  7. burgerman

Yikes! Oh well. It has been in his hands for a while now. Hopefully his golden ears will get it right. I would think a meter would be the better choice too. Hearing degrades over time. I guess I will cross my fingers and wait. I guess maybe I've learned an expensive lesson with this. :(...
  8. burgerman

Thanks Blue Shadow, that does make sense. So, it sounds like it would be unusual for a technician who is in the business of solely restoring vintage audio gear to not adjust the bias and offset. I would think a technician who restores vintage audio gear would/should have the test equipment...
  9. burgerman

Thanks rcs16, that's what I would have thought too.
  10. burgerman

When a total restoration is being done on an SX-1250, would the tech normally test dc offset and bias, and hook up receiver to an oscilloscope and do other tests to make sure the receiver is back up to factory specs after many of the components have been replaced? I'm not a tech, so forgive...
  11. burgerman

Pioneer TX lamps to LED's

rcs16: Thanks for the info. Didn't know PE had those. I actually already ordered some blue ones from the bay. Haven't installed them yet. I may also order the warm white from PE to compare, since they are very affordable. Thank you.
  12. burgerman

Pioneer TX lamps to LED's

Hello Paul, I know this is a very old thread, but I came across your post when searching on TX-9100 LEDs. I recently won a TX-9100 from the auction site, and it hasn't even arrived yet, but I may go with the LEDs, based on how cool you say it looks with them, and for keeping the heat down. I...
  13. burgerman

Pioneer RT707 - general info and tips

Hey GPS16 -- Yea, I love that song Babylon. I have the cd. At this time, I don't have a cd player in my home set up, so can only play it in my truck. I need to get a cd player. Not sure that album is available on vinyl. Us and Them is great. I plan to record that on the RTR. Time is...
  14. burgerman

Pioneer RT707 - general info and tips

Ha! Yes, sometimes it does! I like to listen to a lot of rock. I've heard that EQ setting called the "rock and roll smile". A buddy of mine who has an RT-909 made a tape for me that I finally got to play now that 707 is back in action. It contains Black Sabbath - War Pigs -- that was a...
Back
Top Bottom