Recent content by bystander

1. bystander

How many power amps is too many?

What the heck, here are the preamps: C24, C26, C32, C504, MX117. And the integrateds: MA5100, MA6200. And the receiver: Stereotech 1200.
  2. bystander

How many power amps is too many?

Presently: MC2505, MC2105, MC2100, MC2200, 2 x MC2300. Then there’s the preamps...
  3. bystander

Power Cord Tips For Storing Gear On Shelves

I've always used rubber bands, twisty ties, or velcro strips, but this method is possibly the most genius solution of them all!
  4. bystander

How many Turntables do you have active at the same time?

Active: Technics SL 1200MK2 Technics SL MA2 Pioneer PL 41 Standby: Technics SL 1100 Technics SL 1200 Technics SL 1210MK2 Pioneer PL 12D Pioneer PL 112D All are swapped in and out among three systems semi-regularly. I’m not a hoarder (he says somewhat defensively). Each of these tables has...
  5. bystander

Legacy products on McIntosh website

Absolutely fantastic! What a great resource, McIntosh truly is a first class/world class company.
  6. bystander

Power light out on my MC2300 amp

Thanks damacman!
  7. bystander

Power light out on my MC2300 amp

The power light is suddenly out on my MC2300 amp. Power is on, light is out. Meter lights are fine. What’s involved with changing the power light? Can someone point me to “bonehead” level of step-by-step instructions or a video showing me how?
  8. bystander

Swapping out push/spring terminals for barrier/screw terminals

Thanks for the responses. I presently have only two models with push/spring terminals, an MA-6200 integrated amp and a Stereotech 1200 receiver. I prefer barrier/screw terminals for the options of using bananas to those gold adapters or spades right to the screws, both of which I feel provide...
  9. bystander

Swapping out push/spring terminals for barrier/screw terminals

I don’t like the push/spring terminals found in units such as the MA-6100 and MA-6200. I much prefer the barrier/screw terminals found in such units as the MA-5100. Is it possible to swap out push/spring terminals for barrier/screw terminals? Would a qualified tech such as Audio Classics be...
  10. bystander

McIntosh Social Guidelines

We’ve all heard the “McIntosh is only for doctors, lawyers, etc. who aren’t audiophiles” line. Just as bad are the listings for used Mac gear that state the previous owner was a doctor, lawyer, etc. What do I care what the previous owner’s occupation was?
  11. bystander

MCintosh terminal connection

Thanks Mackie for the recommendation. I ordered the slanted pin version (replacing twisted bare wire) for the 6200, and the small spade version (replacing crimped-on spades) for the 5100. Very sturdy build quality, and everything fits great. This will make swapping between these amps a...
  12. bystander

MCintosh terminal connection

Hey Mackie, do you use these adapters yourself? How do you like them? They also make an adapter with pin ends instead of spades. I’m thinking about using these adapters for my MA6200 (pins) and MA5100 (spades), to make for easier swapping between amps.
  13. bystander

affordable audio repair work from an MIT grad, and Head Marantz Engineers grandson.

This is great news, thanks for letting us know. The Bay Area’s dwindling repair options (well, the two that I’ve dealt with) are either jaded and disinterested, or overbooked to the point where the wait time is upwards of six months or longer. I’ll be checking this out for sure.
  14. bystander

How about we all share what we are using to power our Klipsch Loudspeakers

Currently, McIntosh MC2505 & C26 for Heresys, and “Mac” Stereotech 1200 for Industrial La Scalas. But, all subject to swapping in & out with other Mac gear.
  15. bystander

ML-1C grill cloth question

Well, problem solved. I found someone out who was parting out his ML-1C speakers, and I bought the grills. Frames and slats in great condition, and most importantly, both have the matching black grill cloth. Looking good! I do think the ML-1C is one of the most beautiful looking speakers...
Back
Top Bottom