Recent content by Cadillac Kid

1. C

How Many Dental Xrays is Too Many / Often?

Ever heard of the inverse square law? I didn't think so.
  2. C

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Been a long time since posting on AK. Still scoring, seldom posting. Sansui blackface 9010 at Goodwill for 8.50. Works and sounds great.
  3. C

Carl Zeiss Dialyt 8x30R from 1950s. $6.49 @ GW about an hour ago. Near perfect condition. My wife found them with the handbags and handed them to me without a word.
  4. C

Paid ten bucks for a AKG 1000s condenser mic and the little Beringer starved plate 12ax7 pre-amp. Sounds pretty good.
  5. C

Not planning on selling it. I just thought it was interesting and I enjoy researching and learning about arts and craft. Thanks for the comments.
  6. C

Today's find. Thinking this is part of an old Native American glassed beaded garment made of black bear hide. It weighs over 11 ounces and was on a crude wood and metal display stand. I also suspect that the buttons were added later. The beaded piping is also rolled hide. Any ideas?
  7. C

This 1912 arcade cast iron elephant bank and his friend Mr. Pig, were inside this Orbit faucet timer box amongst the hardware in my GW. All bubble wrapped like they were on a journey, that took a detour. The pig looks like he got away with something. Just posting, cause it's funny.
  8. C

Fun item for the cave. A 1983 Stern/Seaburg arcade marquee/header. Love the font, sort of a computer meets the old west. Mounted in a nice wood box.
  9. C

Sticky Shed Syndrome on Cassettes?

I can confirm that my Ampex Plus Series C-90, recorded in 1978, was exhibiting symptoms of sticky shed syndrome. The tape would my play in my Tascam 122 MKIII for a few seconds then stop. There was also a brown residue on the capstan and heads. After reading this thread, I put the tape in...
  10. C

Let's see, I'll take the Taos Eagle Dancers pencil signed Gene Kloss, 1955 Aquatint with drypoint for $4.49. Thank you. I should have grabbed the deer sign too.
  11. C

Found this 1972 Evel Knievel Stunt Cycle. Typical 1970 Idea, Hollis NY quality with movable front fork and heavy duty gyroscope mechanism that sends the cycle racing across the floor with a moto sound. No broken parts. Evel has left the building, but not before signing the gas tank. Fun...
  12. C

Advice on removing gear and connectors

That image was taken before I put the little, what turned out to be rubber, grommet on the on the gear shaft. I left most of the circuit board's in-line connectors in place and gently flipped the transport for access. Some of the circuit connectors were tight and I really did not want to...
Back
Top Bottom