cafe latte
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi fellow QLDer, from the GC hinterland here, i noticed you were in VinylEngine also i am SammyMac there. You seem to have experience with TTs. I made a thread here and on VE. I am sure recap has to be done, no bulging caps, but leakage (greenish stuff) on the legs. Hopefully can get away without effecting the trimpots or operation. Sam
    cafe latte forgive if I am doing this wrong. I don't know how else to contact you.
    I have the Grado Opus 3 that is 1mv. It is kind of an in-between voltage. What would be a good
    phono pre-amp for this cartridge? I would appreciate your opinion.
    Thanks. Morgan
    Every time I see your avatar here and on VE my first impression is that you are a bicyclist, but when I look carefully I see the ear protection and assume it's gun related. It's probably because your picture is very similar to one of me after completing the Seattle to Portland bike ride.

Your workshop is similar to mine in size.
    Reactions: cafe latte
    cafe latte
    cafe latte
    That was me competing at the world championships in Canada.
    Bloke needs a big workshop :)
    Reactions: RobRoy
    Send me a PM with a pic of what you have done or email me at allclearaudio@gmail.com as I will understand more from a pic I think
    Hi Chris,
    I have been trying to get hold of stylus for my ADC 550XE.
    I have the original stylus which was very loose in the stylus body (not the cartridge) it could be moved from side to side and would not return to centre.
    I put a small drop of flowable silicone on the cantilever spot.
    So I think the next step is a new tip.
    Are you able to retip the stylus?
    Thanks.
    cafe latte
    cafe latte
    You need to explain more, I can retip any stylus, but what have you done re glue and what exactly is the problem ie what is not returning to centre?
    R
    Rusputin
    If the tip was pushed sideways it would not return to its central position. I applied a drop of flowable silicone at the point of entry of the cantilever to the body and let it set. On playing the cart it mis tracked badly on some notes so I increased vtf to 3gms but to no avail. I presume the tip is worn. So if you could retip the thing that would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for your help.
    Hey there! Just wondering if the gentleman in your avatar is carrying a rimfire or an air rifle.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom