Recent content by camaroguy

1. C

Sounds better after 45 minutes

I always let my main system (all tube) warm up before listening so I'm not sure how it sounds ice cold. But it does sound better (smoother) after playing a few songs, I've always felt that was mostly in the speakers. I find most things are better after they warm up, so why should our sound...
  2. C

Significant other's audio related insults inspired by jealousy of hobby?

Back in my drag racing days there was a 1st generation Camaro with the perfect name painted on each door. "The Other Woman"
  3. C

Denon DL-110 Vs Nagaoka MP-200

The MP-200 is an excellent all around cartridge (loves classic rock). It was my main cartridge for years before the upgrade bug bit me. One of the upgrades, an MP-500 was more refined but not a huge upgrade over the MP-200. Just my opinion, camaroguy.
  4. C

Hafler DH-200 Fuse Holder

fantasiaaudio on Ebay sells them. I just checked he has 8 available at $9.25 each. camaroguy
  5. C

SAE 1000LT/E blowout sale on the bay

Received the second LT and it sounds identical to the first, which is very musical and balanced. I still wouldn't call this cartridge bass shy as others have said, if anything it might be a little light on the high end. How it sounds might depend on your turntable set-up. The turntable I used is...
  6. C

You could try 5751's in place of the 12ax7's to lower the gain a bit, I did in my Jolida cd player. Guitar players seem to like them. camaroguy
  7. C

I mentioned the bass was a bit heavy on the LT earlier. Turns out all it needed was a little "tuning by ear" with the subwoofer controls. Reminded me of my old drag racing days. Also, this cartridge doesn't run and hide from classic rock. It faces it head on. camaroguy
  8. C

Hooked up the 1000LT yesterday. Sounds pretty good, maybe a bit heavy in the bass (might need breaking in). Bottom line, for a hundred bucks I just ordered a second one while still available. camaroguy
  9. C

By-pass Hafler DH-200 power switch

I don't know what you mean by different seller. If you are buying the switch from "fantasiaaudio", that's where I buy most of the Hafler and some of the Dynaco stuff I use. I believe he did go by a different name a few years ago but I'm not sure. Anyway I'm looking at one of his switches and the...
  10. C

That's the switch on Ebay I'm talking about. I've replaced several switches on Hafler amps, and never had a problem with one of these. If you need help with the wiring there is a ton of info. on the internet about Hafler amps. Also the seller is very helpful with questions. camaroguy
  11. C

A seller on Ebay has them, I've bought from him many times and always a happy customer. I believe he was an engineer with Hafler. Hope this helps, camaroguy.
  12. C

Aragon fan

Picked up an 18K preamp on Ebay a few weeks ago. It replaced the Mapletree ( been my preamp for about eight years) in my main system with it and I am in no hurry to switch back. Everything just sounds so right for a preamp that I only paid about $400.00 for. As a bonus when I looked under the...
  13. C

Miller and Kreisel any fans out there

Hi all, got my first set of M&K's back in the early 80's (S-1B's and a Volkswoofer). I enjoyed them for many years. About a year ago I picked up a set of S-1C's with stands and coupled them with an M&K subwoofer I rebuilt about 5 or 6 years ago. The best way for me to describe the sound is, I...
  14. C

Hafler XL-280 power problem (hoping for guidance)

I had an XL-280 with a bad switch once. Replaced it with one from the seller on ebay, that fixed it. Never looked at the old switch to see what the problem was, seemed more mechanical than electrical. camaroguy
  15. C

Does a power conditioner do anything for audio quality?

As others have said, have the power company come over and check things out. My house was built in the early 50's and I was experiencing an occasional dimming of the lights. I got the power company to check things out and they found a questionable neutral connection, by the meter outside. The...
Back
Top Bottom