Recent content by camelus

1. C

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

Thanks. Everything else is normal, sounds like a CD:eek2:
  2. C

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

A quick question: My Sansui TU-717 seems to sound better after about 20-30 minutes of warm up. Is this normal or is there a problem somewhere on some components that needs to warm up to obtain the best of them, or what remains on them :) Thank you!
  3. C

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

Many thanks guys for the answers and opinions. The 717 I have suffered no modification yet. In Romania is hard to find a good person to do that. The first thing I want to do is a recap of the PSU. Then, if things go wright, I may try to do more on it. Now I want to buy a TU-7900 as well... I...
  4. C

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

Now that's a complete answer :) THANK YOU! I live in the capital or Romania, Bucharest, I listem 100% music. We have plenty of stations but bad quality music. Only 2-3 stations with classical, jazz, rock, the ones I'm interested in. The antenna is on the roof, Magnum ST-2, very good reception...
  5. C

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

The antenna I'm using now is a Magnum Dynalab ST-2. Good reception but I want better. So, I will DI myself a half dipole antenna, to see if I get a better reception on some stations. No matter which antenna or tuner I was using over the time or tuner, I found that sometimes,randomly, the signal...
  6. C

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

The speakers are Proac D28. I found the sound of 717 very involving compared with the Pioneer below him. Before owning the Sansui, I found the Pioneer involving over a different entry level from Pioneer the 606 model. Anyway, it looks the 919 that was available, was sold. SO I have to wait for...
  7. C

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

That's what I wanted to hear. So, there is a sonic difference. And the other question was, does it worth the 3 times price difference between the two?
  8. C

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

And one important thing. The 919 costs 3 times more than I spent on my 717. So, it worths the price difference for the better sonic perrformance of 919?
  9. C

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

I have the 717 and I had no problem with drifting stations. The quartz lock is not a must in my situation. I'm not a DX-er....I personally like 717 more, but I'd sacrifice the better looking for a better sonic performance. Besides this, anybody had any problem with the red digits on 919?
  10. C

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

I'd like to hear an answer from users, not from reviewers.... :)
  11. C

Sansui TU-717 vs TU-919

Hi, Does it worth, in terms of sound quality, to make the upgrade from TU-717 to TU-919? Thank you!
  12. C

TU-717 Lamps

Hi guys, I'm looking for some E10 or BA9S bulbs to extract the glass part out of them, and it seems that they are impossible to be found at 8v, 250-300ma. Anyone has a source? Or should I go for the T10 wedge 8v/300ma even if they are taller?
  13. C

Pioneer TX-7800 Help

Hi, I have a little problem with my TX-7800 as well. The signal strength meter starts to show the strength only after a few minutes after turning on the unit. Anybody experienced something like that?
Back
Top Bottom