Recent content by camfreak

1. camfreak

Perpetuum Ebner 2040 full size

One would have to assume they were referring to a 6% overall adjustment. Hence the plus and minus designation printed on the turntable
  2. camfreak

Perpetuum Ebner 2040 full size

I have a 2038 that I purchased for the manual spindle for my 2040. Service manual is available at HiFi Engine. There is one major discrepancy in both the 2038 and the 2040 manual (appear to be identical) in that they refer to a cable type cuing mechanism that is not used in either iteration...
  3. camfreak

F-6013 Variant: what's this 2.2k resistor doing here, and more...

Thanks Pete, your instructions are quite clear. I would have just liked the document for reference purposes. I like lots of documentation! I'm not quite sure if I should incorporate this mod or not. I've always questioned the protection circuit design, since all it does is remove B+ from all...
  4. camfreak

Phil from West Liberty, Iowa

Thank you! And thanks for your service as well. Going to work for Collins radio was a dream come true. Rockwell had just recently acquired Collins when I started there, Boeing has just recently acquired it. Their reputation for amateur gear is preceded by no one. I worked with GPS guidance...
  5. camfreak

Phil from West Liberty, Iowa

Greetings and salutations all! I've been hanging around this forum for years but have just become a paid subscriber recently. I've been into electronics practically as long as I've been alive, with a diversion here and there. I built a Heathkit 'Star Roamer' when I was ten, and for my 6th...
  6. camfreak

F-6013 Variant: what's this 2.2k resistor doing here, and more...

Hi Pete, this service bulletin is news to me. CE-037A is the only service bulletin I was aware of other than CE-005 that pertained to the fuses. CE-037A was for the replacement of the F-1040 with the F-6013 driver boards. It doesn't mention anything about adding 2.2k resistors between the...
  7. camfreak

Sansui 5000X blowing left fuse....

With all respect to you it is sad, indeed. In his own words Wolverine gained the confidence to do the repairs on his receiver after reading my post! And just to set the record straight I didn't post anything soliciting money for a product I was selling. That was not my intention I simply...
  8. camfreak

Sansui 5050, buzz on one channel and other issues

My earlier response was mostly to establish what type of agreement was established between the seller and buyer. You mentioned a 30 day warranty, what IS the warranty? Is it that the unit is in good operating condition? Or do they guaranty the unit to be a receiver? If it does not meet the...
  9. camfreak

Sansui 5050, buzz on one channel and other issues

Does this 'Shop' just clean and resell, or do they repair and certify the unit to be free from defects and in good operating condition? Depending on your answer there may be no need to go into this any further
  10. camfreak

Sansui 5000X blowing left fuse....

Do you know if it has the F-6013 driver boards or the F-1040-1 boards. Did you replace the fuse? If you did, did it blow again immediately or did it run for a couple of minutes again before blowing?
Back
Top Bottom