Recent content by Camsnparz

1. C

Onkyo C-707CHX CD Changer - Drawer will not open - SOLVED

You need to be able to read and understand the service manual. I understand the manual is poorly scanned. However, with actual assembly, you may figure out what each picture or drawing is about. If you are skillful to disassemble and reassemble the drive without damage anything, the sequence of...
  2. C

I am not aware any videos available. Have you downloaded C707chx service manual? There are free downloads in several manual websites. Read the manual see whether the assembling instruction makes sense to you.
  3. C

Hi Armozo, are you the same person who on ebay asked me about if you can have a C-707CHX for...

Hi Armozo, are you the same person who on ebay asked me about if you can have a C-707CHX for 100? if so, I am sorry I did not recognize your username there.
  4. C

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

Return is for store credit only, so they got your money and your business anyways. ;-)
  5. C

Well, I think it is a very smart policy, making nontechnical shoppers more willing to buy electronics some of which are hard to test in the store. One don't need to worry to end up with a $30, 30 lb paper weight.
  6. C

Orange County, California. All electronic or electrical items have 7 day return policy, if not functioning. Technically this item was not functioning when I bought it.
  7. C

Found last Saturday in local GW a Marantz ZR6001 AV receiver with DAvED for $30. Problem was the volume control did not work. Opened up the volume control encoder, cleaned up grease on the contacts. the volume works fine, and everything else seems working. It has no HDMI connections, so I can't...
  8. C

I have seen more often lately this gear developed cracks, in 2 of 4 my recent repairs. One gear even had two separate simultaneously developed cracks. I strongly recommend to clamp this gear preventively if you open up your CD changer for service.
  9. C

Do microsystems usually have a highpass filter for mains when a sub is connected?

Realized this questions has not been answered for a long time. I don't know if anyone still interested. BTW, the answer can be found from the service manual which have circuit diagram showing wiring details. Here is what I captured from R-805X service manual page 16. Apparently, the subwoofer...
  10. C

Hi Armozo, I guess you mean how do I fix the loose umbrella gear on the other end of the shaft? Actually, none of them loosen in my cases. When one of the two pressed-on gears on one shaft became loose, no more torque can be applied to the other anymore, therefore the other one will never break...
  11. C

Yeah, not everyone will go down to this level of details. Actually, trouble shooting the broken gear shouldn't stop at fix or replace the little gear. There must be a reason for why this gear broke, and it may not be the quality or design of the gear. Guess what is the most logical cause? Stress...
  12. C

Yes this one is a bit unusual. Onkyo used 0.4 Modulus in their design of this player, not the popular and cheap 0.5 modulus gears now a days all over ebay and Ali Express. Search for "0.4M12T nylon gear" on Google, you will find how hard to find them. Factory parts were long gong even you have...
  13. C

For about 15 C-707 I have repaired, I run into 2 times of these broken gears, exactly the same location. If you have a scavenger unit, you may take this part from that and make the unit you need to fix working again. Otherwise, you can try what I did: I flatted 2 #5 spring washers, it needs...
Back
Top Bottom