Recent content by cashflagg

1. cashflagg

Speaker Identification Help.

Pretty certain these are Rae Sonics. Not sure what model, but I've seen that vented silver dustcap CTS style woofer used on plenty of them that turn up around KC from time to time.
  2. cashflagg

What's your username mean?

Cash Flagg was the pseudonym used by B-movie director Ray Dennis Steckler when appearing in small acting roles.
  3. cashflagg

What brand are these?

Assuming the speakers are MCS like pretty much every other component pictured, it would appear that they are likely MCS model 683-8229. 3 ways, with a nice dome midrange.
  4. cashflagg

Is this a Dave scam?

Definitely a scam. Exact same ad was posted here in Kansas City not too long ago.
  5. cashflagg

Goodwill/SA/Thrift Store Discussions & Finds

There are about 3 or 4 different thrifts that are pretty near one another on my daily commute to work, so I make it a habit to stop into them repeatedly throughout the week to generally look at records and electronics. The electronics side of it doesn't yield much most of the time, although I...
  6. cashflagg

Pictures of Cats on Audio Gear

Pioneer SX-1080 or extremely nice heated cat bed? Chowder obviously thinks the latter. Catticus is missing this one while it's in the shop... And Pigeon here is just a brat and likes to climb on practically anything she isn't supposed to, but at least she's cute...
  7. cashflagg

Electro-Voice Esquire 200 questions...

Woah, weird to see this thread pop up again. Just a couple months ago a pair of speakers IDENTICAL to mine actually popped up on that auction site. Here are the pictures that I could pull from the ended listing. It used the exact same Oxford mid AND the same crossover network. No...
  8. cashflagg

Yet another speaker ID Thread

These are RCA SPK-450's. They are big 3-ways, with a horn. Have never heard them, so can't help you as far as that's concerned.
  9. cashflagg

Unusual Vintage "France" USA Made, Peerless or Altec drivers? Bozak?

Someone found a pair of these at a garage sale awhile back and gave them to me along with a Pioneer SX-780. They are your typical "in-house" speakers. The drivers were all CTS in mine. And best of all, there was a high frequency control that was just left dangling in around inside the...
  10. cashflagg

Curious to what these speakers are...

These popped up not too far from me with little description, but they look nice and I have no idea what they are.
  11. cashflagg

Nakamichi LX-5 Channel Issue...

Yeah, as soon as I turn off Dolby NR the meter for the right channel drops significantly as well.
  12. cashflagg

It's actually been refurbished at some point, replacing the dreaded orange capacitors in the process. So, that's kind of why I'm confused as to why this issue has recently popped up. Was hoping it was possibly an easy fix.
  13. cashflagg

I've noticed recently that my LX-5 when played with any sort of Dolby NR off, the output is significantly weaker in the right channel than the left. Curious as to what could be causing this dropout.
  14. cashflagg

Any record shops or stereo shops worth checking out in Kansas City???

I'll gladly vouch for both Brother's Music in Mission, KS and GotWhatULike out in Grandview. Both have a solid selection and the latter usually has some interesting gear to look at. Love Garden is awesome too, but yeah, it's a bit of a drive. I'd also suggest stopping into It's A Beautiful...
Back
Top Bottom