Recent content by Catmanboo

1. Catmanboo

Im in it now!

Welcome to this old-dude-centric site & hobby! Lots to see,learn & do here. Where in Ohio are you? I'm in n.e.central part of the state, fwiw. :bigok:
  2. Catmanboo

Things you don't see anymore.

I have quite the supply of vintage tubes of that era, as well as later miniatures. I need to start thinning the hoard, so keep that in mind. Marvelous job spiffin' that chassis up, I'm very familiar with what 70-80 years of debris & dirt accumulation is to deal with.
  3. Catmanboo

That light was maybe good for 10 mph max back in the day. Are the vintage audio gear units in the pic functional?
  4. Catmanboo

Happy Birthday Bratwurst7s

You are a very lucky man, James! Never forget that. ;)
  5. Catmanboo

Identical unit on silent auction at the local mega-thrift, currently at $60!
  6. Catmanboo

Happy Birthday Bratwurst7s

As always, I'm behind the happy birthday train, my bad! Hope it was ein große gutentag, in spite of (or because of) your squeezebox wife!:biggrin::hug:
  7. Catmanboo

Channel Master 4401G FM antenna

Sounds kinda "out there" theory-wise, but what do I know? I do know that if I had such issues (If I'm welding, I'm most assuredly not paying attention to what any tuner's doing anyhow, eh?) I'd be using a hunk of the quad-shield rg-6 I have available versus flat- lead. Another benefit of...
  8. Catmanboo

Fisher 400 Restoration question

We all fall victim to the "duhh" moments of oversight occasionally. Murphys law & shiite, ya know.
  9. Catmanboo

Sansui 1000A find

Not much force to crack the paint sealing on the bias pots, but unless biasing is off, I'd not fool with. May have been applied by whoever recapped/ serviced it previously. I recall that mine has white paint sealing from factory, but is currently partly buried in storage so I can't verify.
  10. Catmanboo

The old brown flat cable, yes. The newer foam-dielectric black stuff seems impervious. The upside to 300 ohm cable is lower loss compared to coax. The downer is that not being shielded is more susceptible to external electromotive interference. Thus, if using it, is good practice to put some...
  11. Catmanboo

Or in the junk stashes of half or more AK members. I keep finding these things periodically around here, I think they're reproducing.
  12. Catmanboo

Cable companies dispense these by the shiiteload via their cable techs. Cheap & easy for most people to find.
  13. Catmanboo

The perils of modern air travel.....?

Sure. It was properly repaired, inspected & recertified. People drive crashed & repaired vehicles with no second thought, so there's that.
  14. Catmanboo

New from Ohio

The days of cool finds in thrift & 2nd- hand stores are mostly fond memories. The few that slip thru the cracks usually get nabbed by flippers. Hit flea markets, garage& yard sales & you might luck out. Welcome from the Akron-Canton- Hartville- Alliance area!
  15. Catmanboo

California Proposes to Force Manufacturers to Restrict Vehicle Top Speed to 10 MPH Over Limit.

Another reason I drive vehicles too old to have such spyware embedded. This is beyond outrageous.
Back
Top Bottom