Recent content by CavScout

1. C

Kenwood KR-7600 relay going nuts

I have a KR-7600 that I have not used in a while. Yesterday I hooked it up bit didn't get any sound out of the right channel. After doing the standard troubleshooting to eliminate other problems (switched speakers etc) I noticed something strange. When the unit only has the LEFT speakers...
  2. C

Having a problem with Carver M-200t transformer thump

I tried to upload a video on here but it failed
  3. C

Marantz 2252 POP when turned off

I can't remember what I did with it but I will hook it up soon and see if it works/jogs my memory.
  4. C

Having a problem with Carver M-200t transformer thump

I just acquired a Carver power amplifier. Was unable to test it up on purchasing. But I got a good deal on it (I think) so I took the chance. It does work (plays music) but it cuts out. With nothing plugged into except power I found that the transformer is "thumping". Other than the transformer...
  5. C

Marantz 6300 Turntable Up & auto stop not working

My 6300 up and auto stop gradually gave out. I went into the bottom and I can see that the red light is on but when the arm metal thing passes through it does not fire the solenoid. Also , pushing the up button does not activate the solenoid either. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated...
  6. C

Can you identify this logo ?

I am looking at an ad for some speakers and I see one of them has this logo. Can anyone identify ?
  7. C

Sansui AU-6900 quiet left channel when TONE is "In"

I recently purchased this amp and upon testing all sounded good. But then I switched the Tone to IN so I could adjust the BASS/MID/TREB. In that mode the left channel is much quieter than the right. So I sprayed a lot of deoxit in all switches and potentiometers and worked them over real good...
  8. C

What do I need to fill these VOTT Cabinets

I know. Just wondering if they would be an acceptable choice for this VOTT project
  9. C

Pioneer SX-850 HG "switchable" ? to 110v ?

Interesting thing...I switched it to 220v and plugged it into a 110v up to 220v transformer and it didn't make any sound. Lit up but no sound. Plugged into a 240v transformer and it works great.
  10. C

Thanks for the input. Yes it looks pretty straight forward. I will seek out a US transformer.
  11. C

I have a step up transformer to run it already. I would like to use it as a 110v though. Do you know if it is as easy as "cut wires...put in new transformer" ? I thought perhaps the downstream components would be different. But that manual does imply otherwise.
  12. C

I recently purchased this vintage receiver and in the service manual it says that the voltage is switchable but I have removed both the top and the bottom and I do not see any place with a switch to 110 volt. On the back there is a switch cover but underneath it only reveals 240 and 220 volt...
  13. C

There is a local guy with 811b horns. Will they work for this ?
  14. C

I just acquired (for free) some very rough Altec cabinets that kind of look like the photo attached. They are empty. No horns, no drivers, no crossovers...nothing. I would like to outfit these cabinets with some nice v o t t stuff. So I am looking for recommendations on the drivers etc. Input...
  15. C

Trying to identify these speakers Tannoy HLD 385A but what model ?

I'm looking at buying these speakers but I can't find another set that looks like these. They are listed as HLD 385A but that can't be the model number.
Back
Top Bottom