Recent content by cbertrand

1. cbertrand

Nikko 2025 receiver, any info?

I picked up one of these for 10 bucks. No sound. Has anyone found a free service manual?
  2. cbertrand

Pioneer SX 2500 (No AM/FM)

Just ordered the parts, i appreciate the help. Ill post back my results once I am done! BTW, I had a 12 volt wall adapter lying around and I hardwired that to B3. FM radio came on! So at least I know once I fix the supply things should work! Next step after that is to change the lamps! I...
  3. cbertrand

Hey Guys, Thanks for all the help, I will check B1's power output when I get home this evening. In the mean time I was wondering if you folks would mind looking over my shopping list for equivilant components? I figured I would just order everything that could be bad. That a way once I get the...
  4. cbertrand

Okay, I tried testing the transistors and resistors in circuit but that is not working. I am a bit intimidated with the number of wires coming off of this board. I don't have access to both sides of the board without taking it off. Any tips on how to properly unwind and mark all the wires on the...
  5. cbertrand

Okay, I found the E terminal and grounded to that. B3 = 0.72 volts B4 = 12.58 volts Seems like B3 is the problem circuit. What is my next step?
  6. cbertrand

No, no movement on the meter or signal when I attempt to tune. Where is the best place to connect the ground/common?
  7. cbertrand

I will pull it apart tomorrow, I already have the manual I am just worried I will fry something. Is there a good tutorial you would recomend on tracing the power flow? I have a good multi meter. Also what is the best way to ID the incoming power to a given board? Sorry for the n00b questions :)
  8. cbertrand

Hi all, I recently picked up a Pioneer SX 2500 to use as a phono preamp. I took it apart and cleaned everything and it is working well as a preamp. The speaker outputs also work when it is switched in to amp mode. However, I get no sound for AM or FM, no fuzz, nothing. I imagine that power is...
Back
Top Bottom