cbret3500
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings Media About

• Hey cbret3500,

I have a pair of Santa Maria II's that I was going to restore, but have decided to sell I think. Do you know anyone who would want them. Both woofers intact, one mid intact, one tweeter intact. Paper/glue "fixed" the other tweets and mid. I have bought 4 Jensen P35VAH tweeters to replace originals. No grills. Thanks.
    cbret3500
    cbret3500
    Hi how are cabinets ? Pics? I might be interested
    Hey dude , those are nice !!! They look minty !!! I will try and find those adds back and will scan them for you if u want... Take good care of those rare beauties !!!
    Hey Kenny,
    Its been a while since I've been on the site so sorry for the delay. To answer ur question I did not recap the crossovers on my RSCs... Im a purist so I leave it all original unless non working.... Dunno if it would change sound that much anyway ... Amp wise I really think u should try a Pioneer SX535 with bass control to third from max and trebles to max.... With a RG1 expander its AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Hey,I a computer bozo,just noticed you reply to my queries! Much appreciated.
    I did sand & oil the cabs,way better! Thanks for info regarding amp power for them.I have refurbished,restored/mods Eico ST-70 tube amp,30 wts, Stromberg Triode 11 wts,lots for my Altec 19's.
    On the RSC's I have really enjoyed using a 70's Vintage Philips Lab 784 Receiver,likely 12-18 watts,lots..
    One thing I forgot to ask is did you recap your RSC crossovers & leave them original or did you bypass the HI-LO slider switch on the rear???...I have been thinking of re-cap but was worried it might change the sound??? What did you do? Thanks for the offer to pop over.My wife is from Montreal & her 2 sisters,nieces & nephews still live there.Thanks for getting back to me,that's one of the many things I really like about AK,everyone is so respectful & very helpful. Kenny
    Hey,came across your Restoration thread You did a real nice job
    Mine were really tough too but complete wo grilles
    I had to do tissue paper diluted white glue repairs on both sets of tweeters & mid cones as they had been damaged
    Fast & detailed, good bass & mids to die for thanks to your review I didn't trash the drivers because of their poor condition
    These have the most relaxing,very unique mellow,involving sound Depending where you live in Canada please,if you ever want to sell or trade yours or if you know where I can get some original proper grilles it would help greatly improve their current looks
    All worth the little effort involved to keep their unique Canadian voicing intact.
    I have been using mine mainly for Jazz,Reggae & they just shine.
    Please what have you tried powering yours with,how many watts & what do you Listen too?

Where bouts in Canada are you located
    Peace & Harmonies Ken Bussey
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back
Top Bottom