Share This Page

cdfac

AK Subscriber, from Iowa City

Subscriber
cdfac was last seen:
Aug 17, 2018 at 6:22 AM
    1. thought91
      thought91
      Hey, I'm waiting on a response to several PM's? I'm reading a lot of people like to message you, so your inbox gets maxed. Never heard of that before. Anyways, I'd like to finalize our plans on the HK pickup. Get to me when you can, thanks!
    2. luck79
      luck79
      Hello
      I admired your way of working on sansui

please i can not find online a full service manual for sansui au 919, i soon get ready for recap.
      is incomplete here
      https://www.hifiengine.com/manual_library/sansui/au-919.shtml

Can you help me?

thanks in advance this is my email: thunder2005@libero.it
      Cheers
      Luciano
      1. View previous comments...
      2. cdfac
        cdfac
        I'm sure I got mine on HiFi Engine, where I usually get my manuals. I have no idea if that's the same version as the one on the AK site. If you don't have an account there, you should, it's great.
        Feb 18, 2018
      3. JoseHH
        JoseHH
        Feb 18, 2018
      4. JoseHH
        JoseHH
        Please note that you are using your profile comment which is not the best way to get help here. Please start a thread you will get tons of help. I am just a beginner. I am happy to offer you help but there are some big shots here that know these units very well and have done lots of restorations.
        Start a thread and post in it, show some pictures of your unit to see how it looks and then you go from there.
        Feb 18, 2018
    3. Doc02864
      Doc02864
      Hi. After 2 hours of searching i threw in the towel and decided to write you. Do you know the correct bias for my Forte 1A? One guy said 500mv. Another 120, then 25. I used 47mv and it seemed ok.
      Thanks
      Todd
      RI
    4. 1ADSarge
      1ADSarge
      Hey Chris, tried to send you a PM but your inbox is full. Send me a PM when you get a chance and you've made some space in your PM mailbox :)
      Cheers,
      Jared
    5. instructor21
      instructor21
      Hi ,
      just wondering if you have schematics for the crossovers you built for the Infinity RS II's?
      Happy to compensate you if you like.
      Let me know.
      Thanks,
      Erich
    6. CarnahanBB
      CarnahanBB
      Hey Chris! Got your PM but I can't respond because your PM inbox limit has been reached!
    7. IronChicken
      IronChicken
      Hi again - I'm going nuts trying to figure out what to get to recap my QLS', any help would be GREATLY appreciated, and if you're still around IC, I'd gladly pay to have you come up to Cedar Rapids and advise me what to do. I also have my old woofers that I'm going to get re-foamed by Watkins, and a set of spare mids and emits, and was planning on building cabinets for them to use as rears, so I got crossovers from Quantum Jr's that looked similar enough (minus the Watkins woofers and the same emits, but 3-way nonetheless) so I'd like to build a pair of "psuedo-QJr's" instead of just keeping the parts laying around as spares... Again, sorry to bug ya, but you're close to where I live, knowledgable, and seem like a pretty nice guy =] BTW - I put some pics up finally
      Thanks!
      Terry
    8. Emmbee
      Emmbee
      I'm interested! Do they have 2 channel mixes? What would you like for them? And what titles are they?
    9. bsabel
      bsabel
      Dude, didn't I just buy some speaker wires from you the other day?
    10. hollow-state
      hollow-state
      Re: post about a year ago:

"Quick question that's hopefully pretty simple. I just bought an Ashly XR-4001 4-way active XO. I cracked open the hood and parts selection generally seems pretty good. I noticed the op amps are in sockets, which is nice, and I thought I might replace them with premium ones from TI/BB. The originals are "JRC" branded and aren't all the same model, it seems: 7006B, 8006B, 7008B, etc..."

What did you finally do for op amp substitution? I just acquired a similar Ashley crossover and am entertaining swapping BB OPA2134PA for the JRC op amps.

I am eager to learn from your experience rather than reinvent the wheel.

Thanks, please reply to my email: srjones10@gmail.com.

Steve
    11. pfcs49
      pfcs49
      PX-2 parts?
      Hi there, Phil from NJ but my wife's from Latimer Iowa.
      Do you have more PX-2 parts available? Tonearm assy? Dustcover?
      Anything! I'm sick!
      Regards, Phil
    12. Romak
      Romak
      Hi CD, I was speaking with Chris (325BMW) the other day and mentioned I have a couple of Banamassa tickets I won't be using. He mentioned you might be interested. If not, do you know anyone that would? I hate to let them go to waste.
      Balcony center, can't remember the row, I think its 1st or 2nd.

Thanks, Eric
    13. thedelihaus
      thedelihaus
      Hey Chris, write me back. I know I owe you some ducats but can't recall how much.

Cheers,

Paul
    14. ckastner78
      ckastner78
      Hey - was the system down for a while? And thanks, any help is greatly appreciated.
    15. Army
      Army
      Hi Chris
      FYI: the Kappa 9 woofers are done, you can pick them up anytime. I should be home most if not all weekend or you can wait till the Watkins are done.
      Your call, have a great weekend
      Scott
    16. ekmanning5
      ekmanning5
      Laziness and lack of time is keeping me from about 100 projects!
      Ed
    17. r311ik
      r311ik
      love the avatar man.
      im working on some walshes now.
      laziness and lack of time is geting the best of me tho. lol
  • About

Home Page:
    http://picasaweb.google.com/chr.dor/SpeakersEtc
    IT support
    Iowa-born science dork with a little farmer at heart.

Good beer and good music.

Signature

Pre/Power: Yamaha A-1, Counterpoint SA-3.1, Nobsound Dual TPA3116
    Sources: Sony PS-X7 TT + AT OC9/MLII MC, Logitech Squeezebox
    Speakers: Nobis DM-3t, Boston Acoustic CR8
    Wife: Doesn't know about all of my LPs.... :smoke: