Recent content by cdfac

1. cdfac

Help with mobile PS solution for chip amp

Help!!! I'm tailgating this weekend with a pair of speakers and a Nobsound chip amp (2x TPA3116D2). I have a pair of 12V 20AHr batteries I was going to use to get the 24VDC input for the amp. Audiophile sound isn't a requirement, but that being said, I have plenty of old filter caps laying...
  2. cdfac

QLS-1 - The King is dead, long live the King

i think you can certainly debate what "endgame" means to you. the QLS-1 are not perfect speakers, and depending on what you prioritize as a listener, any of the other speakers i listed might be more up your alley than the QLS-1. but what i wanted to convey was that for me personally, i formed a...
  3. cdfac

QLS-1 - The King is dead, long live the King

i also owned Kappa 9's while i owned QLS-1's, and agree with everything you said to a point. i regret selling my QLS-1's more than my 9's, IRS Gammas, RS4.5's, and RS1b's.
  4. cdfac

vintage Stax ad?

I seem to remember a vintage Stax ad with a young lady wearing a pair of Sigma ear speakers and missing a front tooth. I'm sure I saw it on here (if I didn't simply invent that memory), but I spent a bunch of time searching and can't find it with Google or anything else. Does anyone else...
  5. cdfac

Chi-Fi chip amp comparison -- Aiyima A07 (TPA3255) vs Nobsound Dual TPA3116

Thanks, I will likely give that one a shot too, especially for such a low cost. I do have a similar power supply for my Nobsound when I use it in my porch system, and it does well. I preferred the linear supply by a small amount, but the catch is that those are usually more physically noisy.
  6. cdfac

Chi-Fi chip amp comparison -- Aiyima A07 (TPA3255) vs Nobsound Dual TPA3116

I'm going to be active bi-amping a pair of DIY speakers soon if I ever get around to finishing them, using a miniDSP SHD Streamer for DAC/crossover/EQ duties. Having been so pleased with the Nobsound Dual TPA3116 amp (50Wx2) for several years, I decided to add a second, slightly more powerful...
  7. cdfac

Yamaha P2500 or Hafler PRO5000 Which Should I Buy??????

heard both the P2500 and P3500. nice amps, but perhaps expectedly not quite at the PC2002 level (for reference). if you're handy, you can beef up the power supply a bit with larger caps and a couple other key cap replacements, and it's easy to install quieter fans if you want it to be a home...
  8. cdfac

VPI Turntable Owners Thread

Assuming it was a good deal, I'd rather not look.....for jealousy's sake. That's a very impressive table you've got there, enjoy it! My Classic "2.5" is darn good but that HRX definitely takes care of most of the minor complaints that people do have with the Classic series.
  9. cdfac

Pl630 trouble

I never had an auto-return issue with the PL-630 I enjoyed for a time, but I definitely had the usual speed issue. Lots of Deoxit and exercising of the switch helped. That's one of the handful of tables I bought and sold that I actually miss from time to time. Good luck!
  10. cdfac

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

My Morning Jacket - "Z" (posting from mobile,.no good way to attach album cover)
  11. cdfac

Would you spend $2800 on a cartridge ?

I have this on Classic Records DVD-Audio. Love it. I haven't heard the original LP, but the Classic Records/Analog Productions vinyl reissues should be very good by extension from the hi-rez.
  12. cdfac

Cart recommendations for VPI Classic 3 arm

I'm currently running a Benz Micro Glider SM on a VPI Classic "2.5" with a Classic 3 arm (VTA tower, multicolor wire, shrink-tubed arm). It's a pretty nice combo with the Wyn Palmer DIY phono stage. It could probably hit a little harder in the bottom end, but it has an overall balanced, detailed...
  13. cdfac

Quicksilver M60 issue

yes, same seller. i skipped on the VAC preamp, it was in rougher shape than these (which were mostly just dirty from a smoking home).
  14. cdfac

Quicksilver M60 issue

Picked up a pair of M60 mono amps over the weekend. Didn't have a chance to test them but because I could only take out half the purchase price from the ATM and the seller was cool, he allowed me to pay him the balance later. Probably a lucky deal, because about 1 minute after I hook up and...
  15. cdfac

KC Gathering at Kurtgo's 9/25

wish i could make it down that far, Kurt's one of the best AKers i know and has great taste in gear!
Back
Top Bottom