Recent content by centsless

1. centsless

Audio Stores in the 70's

In 1976, being that I had a 1966 ford van all customed out....my focus was eight track players for the van. Until....I walked into a stereo store on Market St. in Akron, Ohio. Can't remember the name of this great store but heard this awesome sound towards the back of the store. I walked back...
  2. centsless

Picked up a MC-2205 and a C-31V today

I really like my 2205 matched perfectly with the MX-117 pre. I got it to drive the AR 4ohm speakers I own as it goes down to 2ohm. I now have it hooked up to Polk SRS SDA 1.2's and have found a great match. It is a heavy 85lb amp. I have had it for over five years now and did have it recapped by...
  3. centsless

Right gain issues with the 2205.

Long time customer of his. He knew it was a hassle for me to bring it in.....so the $25 was more of a flick in the head!...:whip:
  4. centsless

Welp.....after the shop having it for awhile.. (he is busy) ...he called me to come pick it up. I found out that here was absolutely nothing wrong with it...sigh. He cleaned it up and charged me $25. I got it back and cleaned everything again....from terminals to connectors. Hooked it up and it...
  5. centsless

Grateful Dead Poster Limited to 250

You should....one on Ebay now is BuyItNow for $975.00....
  6. centsless

Grateful Dead Poster Limited to 250

How did you guys get a notification on this sale? Great poster!
  7. centsless

Pioneer HPM 150

I have that system here in music room...1980 with 150's. Both are in excellent condition. The sound is fantastic but need a larger room to produce. Bass is very nice.....so if they are in excellent condition....then get them...very rare now.
  8. centsless

Well...after trying all suggestions and nothing....removed the beast from the case and took it in to a shop near me that works on most audio. I will let you know what he finds....
  9. centsless

Thanks for reply....the meter only moves slightly with gain turned all the way up and a little volume comes out. I tried some of your suggestions before I posted to no avail. Will try your other suggestions and if nothing....off to the shop she goes!
  10. centsless

Been playing well but tonight it showed no volume on the right side. I checked wires, connections, and when I turn the gain all the way up, I get some crackling music at low volume. Any ideas? Also....been redone about two years ago. Thanks for any reply.
  11. centsless

Why are the AR 3 series considered so much better than the 2 and 4?

I like bass so the 3a/3 win out. The early 2ax's are the little brothers to the 3's but never meant to compete with them. The 5's are nice but can't compete for bass. I have had them all...many pairs...but have only kept the 3's and the 3a's with the alnico woofer. I got very lucky and purchased...
  12. centsless

Estate sale AR-3

Don't touch the original AR3..it has value.....especially with that more rare woofer with the reddish surround on it. It always brings big money. And the mid is rare also......... The other has only the woofer for the AR3 and might not be the original but will never know with label gone. That is...
  13. centsless

Sony SS -U730av speakers...

Nope...correct name.
  14. centsless

Sony SS -U730av speakers...

Found one speaker in a house clean out I am buying. 3 way with 270 watt handling. I can't find any info on it other than this YouTube video. Anyone know anything about these?
  15. centsless

Long Road Trip for Some AR-1U’s

Those Westinghouse 755's are what is valuable on the 1's. Never heard them but they bring big bucks! https://hokitech.com/speaker/original-western-electric-755a-speakers-pair
Back
Top Bottom