Recent content by cerwinvegaD9

1. cerwinvegaD9

Nova 8B Woofer Replacement

Not that anyone is still watching this,but I'll update it anyway. I bought a replacement set of OEM woofers on eBay and the magnets had shifted really badly on them too. With alot of careful tapping with a hammer and checking with a shim I was able to recenter the magnets (and jb weld them in...
  2. cerwinvegaD9

Nova 8B Woofer Replacement

I've acquired a set of Realistic Nova 8B speakers in need of BOTH woofers,one original woofer is lost to the sands of time and the other the magnet has shifted so bad it's crushed the VC. Is there a better/comparable aftermarket driver that I can put in there while I'm at it or is it best to get...
  3. cerwinvegaD9

My System/Space

Ok I've rearranged a bunch of stuff,sold a few things,and bought more than I sold. Somehow I ended up with more space.....I'll take it!
  4. cerwinvegaD9

Hacked and Ugly Equipment

A friend sent this to me.
  5. cerwinvegaD9

My System/Space

Thankyou!
  6. cerwinvegaD9

My System/Space

Thankyou! They just don't build things like they used to.I plan on getting my own place in the next couple of years and thats one of the first things I'm doing. If you're referring to the cat,post #2,first and second picture.
  7. cerwinvegaD9

My System/Space

Did some rearranging today to make a home for my latest purchase,a Pioneer CLD-D704 Laserdisc player! It was also an excuse to clean up the desk and put the turntable at a more suitable height. .
  8. cerwinvegaD9

My System/Space

Happy New Year! Here's an update after incorporating my Christmas present,a Superscope R-310 with 4 matching speakers.
  9. cerwinvegaD9

Ratty 9090 value

Because it will go nicely with the other fire hazards :D. I'd originally offered him $400 a year ago before either of us knew how bad it was and he really doesn't want to move from that. I understand where he's coming from I just can't afford to overpay for something like that.
  10. cerwinvegaD9

Ratty 9090 value

The foil was done prior to the current owner,he's been trying to clean up the mess. I'm only interested in this specific one because it's owned by a friend,I can't afford a nice one,and future maintenance work I can do myself.
  11. cerwinvegaD9

Ratty 9090 value

He actually plans to get it working before selling it,I have no idea what it will take to get it there though.
  12. cerwinvegaD9

Hacked and Ugly Equipment

I think these qualify as ugly,both work to some degree oddly enough (tube amp needs a few tubes) This one I found in a receiver I bought for parts,needless to say this one did NOT work.
  13. cerwinvegaD9

Ratty 9090 value

He has it,I'm looking to buy it from him. He actually hasn't got it running yet,says it only needs one more transistor,but who knows.
  14. cerwinvegaD9

Ratty 9090 value

I'm looking at a Sansui 9090 (non db)with numerous issues stemming from a previous owner wrapping all the fuses in tin foil,the current owner (tech) has had to rebuild the driver board (that did catch fire at one point) with almost all new components, and replace many other things throughout the...
  15. cerwinvegaD9

My System/Space

Yes I did hang onto the tube stuff. Mabey I'll fix it someday,it's pretty rough though. Thankyou!
Back
Top Bottom