Recent content by chadbang

1. chadbang

What do you clean faceplates with?

I spent the last two days scouring big box stores looking for but I think it’s the ultimate solution for cleaning delicate face plate with painted lettering original formula 409 spray cleaner. It’s the most inert on lettering that I found forget alcohol my God someone said go easy with rubbing...
  2. chadbang

Dynaco Stereo 400 Fuse and Fuse Caps

I just wanted to add a little footnote to this thread. Because I recently got a dynaco 400. And all I needed was the fuse for the front panel. After two days of digging around I finally found the nomenclature in a dinoco owners manual. You want to use a 1 amp fuse in the two front panel fuse...
  3. chadbang

Found a Pioneer platter. What turntable?

I checked. Yes, they are painted on strobe dots. So perhaps older?
  4. chadbang

How many of you have actually been making super lucky finds @ thrift shops lately?

I’m in agony because I can’t turn it on (although it looks very clean all over) the fuse cover holders are missing I need to find some and order some! I pulled out my variac. Ready for action and then I spotted the missing fuses.
  5. chadbang

How many of you have actually been making super lucky finds @ thrift shops lately?

Today. $25. But this was at the Goodwill wholesale bins where you pay by the pound. And I paid for 50 damn pounds. Was quite happy to carry it out to the car! LOL
  6. chadbang

Will do. It’s a heavy one. That’s why I nabbed it. Not your average mid fi platter. Not quite a Thorens but getting there
  7. chadbang

Live from the GW bins: name that speaker!

I let them go there was only one if it had been a pair I would’ve took them to play with.
  8. chadbang

I was thinking possibly dahlquist... DCM.
  9. chadbang

That doped woofer looks vaguely familiar.
  10. chadbang

Tough one ...it’s so simple.
  11. chadbang

Let’s play.... name it!
  12. chadbang

Here you go. It’s a platter. I thought someone e might have a pioneer parts ref sheet. Er, no. Photobucket sucks again.
  13. chadbang

pioneer pnr-028 Turntable platter That Google search turns up nothing. I found this platter and it’s a really nice quality one. It was floating all by itself, but I couldn’t leave it stranded so I picked it up thinking I could match it up to a pioneer turntable but I can’t find it I looked for...
  14. chadbang

Technics SL-1500 mk2

So who can point me to the tonearm lift mechanism thread, or am I going to have to write. Repairs are my ticket to cheapness.
Back
Top Bottom