Recent content by charles 1973

1. C

AWD vs FWD for turbocharged SUV's like the Cadillac XT4.

Apparently the new XT series suv's from Cadillac have the torque vectoring rear diffential for the AWD versions. From what I've read on the subject the same manufacturer builds these differentials for a bunch of car companies. They are tailored to each companies requirements.
  2. C

Yes. I have the same experience with my V6 Terrain. Overall torque steer with my V6 Terrain is easily manageable. But can occasionally be a handful. I'm guessing my friends excessive torque steer is due to a misaligned front end, badly worn components, or damage perhaps from slamming into a...
  3. C

I was just talking to an old friend from the neighborhood, A former race car driver...Superstock class. He bought an used Buick Enclave, the previous generation 3.6L V6 FWD. He's selling it because of excessive torque steer. I should have mentioned that if it's that bad, their might be...
  4. C

Getting back to the point of this thread. I talked to a friend with a 2013 Chev Equinox V6 AWD and he didn't notice the torque steer like on my very similar GMC V6 FWD Terrain. Which confirms my suspicion of one of the benefits of AWD in a powerful SUV vs FWD, same for a car for that matter.
  5. C

Dented aluminum dust covers, are they a big concern?

With my OCD those dents would deal breaker. But in the real world it might not effect the sound quality any more then moving you're recliner over 6". And yes this too would be measurable. Even with the covers on, I would know there there. If he had nailed the covers on before I saw them...
  6. C

That pretty sharp for sure. My neighbor came home with a Mazda CX5. It looked pretty good too. Much like stereo equipment there is so much competition now in the compact SUV market it's hard to choose.
  7. C

The 2023 Acadia was the perfect size for a lot of folks. About the size of a Cadillac XT5, but with a smaller price tag. I don't get why they enlarged it. If you want a large 7 passenger SUV, GM already had the Chevrolet Traverse and Buick Enclave. Perhaps the introduction of the Chevrolet...
  8. C

Actually, to my surprise the 2024 Acadia now sits the same platform as the Buick Enclave and Chevrolet Traverse..... BIG. The 2024 Cadillac XT5 and Chev Blazzer are close to the size of the outgoing GMC Acadia. I took the XT4 out for a test drive and really like it. I'm thinking with AWD the...
  9. C

The 2016 V6 Terrain had the 3.6L V6. It is much more powerful then the 3.0L in mine. Certainly under hard acceleration and switching lanes on the expressway you'd better be paying attention, But for the most part it's manageable.
  10. C

I noticed complaints from owners of some FWD SUV's with turbocharged engines about torque steer. Especially with the more powerful ones. I've been looking at a Cadillac XT4 to replace my FWD 2012 GMC V6 Terrain and found some reviews suggest it can be dangerous. I'm sure it's negligible for most...
  11. C

A and B and impedance

Based on the speaker impedance labeling on the back of the receiver, You should be safe using those 2 speakers. That said, if they are indeed connected in series, as suggested, Using different speakers may have a adverse effect on overall sound. But you seem happy with the sound, so staying the...
  12. C

Residential Electric Service Upgrade to 100 amp or 150 amp?

Yes. I thought 150A service panel was unusual too. In my jurisdiction it's either 100A or 200A too. The number of branches is probably more important today. Even with 32 with my 100A panel in a 1200 Sq ft townhouse w/finished basement there all used up. 4 x 220v circuits use up 8 alone.
  13. C

Residential Electric Service Upgrade to 100 amp or 150 amp?

100 amps is probably enough for most homes with an electric hot water tank, stove, clothes dryer, and AC. What requires serious current is heating your entire house with electric heat. 200 amps might be needed here. Even with many heat pumps, we might still rely 100% on heating elements when we...
  14. C

Onkyo CD players

I know a fellow with one of Onkyo's older 5 disc CD players that sounds better then a bunch of single disc players. I have their 23 year old 575x AVR, perhaps when that CD player was sold, that I've replaced with a new Yamaha AVR a few years ago. Got to tell you in terms of sound quality that...
Back
Top Bottom