Recent content by Charles LP

1. C

Hello....I was wondering if you still had the JVC 5456. I've had mine for about a year, and I...

Hello....I was wondering if you still had the JVC 5456. I've had mine for about a year, and I really enjoy it. all the best Charles
  2. C

JVC does not get much respect

I've been running a Marantz SR 7300 OSE for many years, and recently got bitten by the quadraphonic bug. A local record store has a JVC 5456 that they run all day long, and I could help but take a fancy to it. It was their TOTL monster quad receiver of the day. The store wouldn't sell theirs, so...
  3. C

Marantz 7300 ose

Hi Folks, I've had a Marantz 7300 ose for many years now. I use it for my 6.1 home theatre, as well as stereo coupled with an old Toshiba SR 355 turntable. While walking through the local audio shops I sometimes check out the new receivers. I'm not interested in all the new bells and whistles...
  4. C

Toshiba SR 355

Hi, I must have been tired when I wrote this. I'm actually okay with the cartridge for now, but thinking about a stylus. I'm near Vancouver BC. Thanks for the info on the turntable. It's bringing me a lot of joy!
  5. C

Frank Sinatra

I coworker introduced me to Sinatra's music about 20 years back. I picked up a few CDs, but after coming across a few in a thrift store two years back and I started getting heavy into the vinyl. I even bought a record cabinet just for Sinatra records. I think I have 60 of his original albums...
  6. C

Toshiba SR 355

Hi Folks, Are there a few people using the Toshiba SR 355? I've had mine, with a Pickering V15 cartridge, for the last couple of months, and have be using it for several hours each day. This 70's turntable sounds quite fine to me. Where should I look for a decent, reasonably priced cartridge...
  7. C

Toshiba SR-250

I picked up a Toshiba SR 355 with a Pickering cartridge, and have been very happy with it. Same mat as yours, but mine looks a bit more worn. I wish there was a bit more information on it.
  8. C

Turntable Evolution

Thanks for the replies! I'm using the Toshiba SR 355 tonight - the best and heaviest turntable I've owned to this point - and thought that probably pretty decent example of a turntable. It's not quartz lock, but it seems to hold speed fairly well. I look forward to learning more about this...
  9. C

Turntable Evolution

Hi Group, I recently picked up a Toshiba SR 355, a turntable that I'm really enjoying. It got me wondering about turntable technology. Is there a site that covers this, from say the 50's to the present day? I did a search on google, but didn't come up with anything that really spoke to me...
  10. C

Yamaha YP D4

Is it usually a tricky job to refill this on turntables? My Toshiba SR 355 also needs this done.
Back
Top Bottom