Recent content by Charlie S.

1. C

Yamaha CA-810 power switch issue

Thank you
  2. C

I got as far as trying to remove the metal front panel in order to get at the mounting screws for the power switch. But the meters were attached to the panel, and I didn't see how to detach them. Any tips?
  3. C

I am having a problem with the power switch on my Yamaha CA-810 integrated amp. It is stuck in the ON position. When I flip the toggle switch down to turn it off, it springs back up into the ON position. Is there an easy fix for this? If not, how difficult would changing out the switch be? Are...
  4. C

Why do people replace capacitors and other components on 1970's era equipment?

Well.... I have my Pioneer receiver back from the repair shop. According to the repair person, who has been in business for many years, there is nothing wrong with my unit. He said a slight thump when powering on is normal because this receiver does not have relays like my newer Pioneer does...
  5. C

I find it interesting that the owners manual for the Pioneer SX1000-TW includes the component and circuit information. That was a bit of a surprise. In this particular manual, it appears that the components were only renumbered for the Control Amp. Unit (W15-090). I see component numbers running...
  6. C

Pioneer SX-1000TX power supply issue

Thank you. I didn't intentionally start two threads on one issue.
  7. C

Thanks guys. I wish we had connected earlier. I probably would have tried to make the repair with this recent information. Unfortunately, the receiver is already at a repair shop. But this information gives me hope that the repair will be affordable. :) I still have to ask: The Pioneer...
  8. C

Gadget73: The manual for my Pioneer receiver has circuit diagrams and component lists. I looked at the power supply drawings. I don't see the AC line connected to anything but the power transformer's primary winding through a DPST switch, and the convenience outlets. I find it interesting that...
  9. C

NJ: Once again, thank you for the words of encouragement. As Mark wrote, AC leakage is current flowing from the object being tested to ground. My experience lies in servicing toy train transformers. Although some very low levels of AC leakage is often considered generally acceptable, in the...
  10. C

Update: Since I wasn't able to find any information on addressing the leakage problem with my SX-1000TX receiver, I brought it in to a local repair shop. The fellow has quite a bit on his plate. I should know what it will cost to repair in a couple of weeks.
  11. C

Thanks for these responses John, Fred and Steve. I have experienced issues with oxidized switches and/or pots causing problems. I've used Caig Labs solutions along with working the offending switch/pot back and forth to quiet them down. I've only had one case where this did not work, which was...
  12. C

I think my newest major stereo component, a Yamaha CA-810, dates back to the late 1970's. I am also using a Pioneer SX-737 receiver that dates back to the mid 1970's, and am looking at using a Pioneer SX-1000TW if I can work out whether there are problems with AC leakage or not. I gave one of...
  13. C

I just dug out a Pioneer SX-1000TX stereo receiver that I've had in storage for quite a few years. Overall its in fairly nice shape, with just a bit of noise on a few of the pots and switches. Experience with other older stereo equipment tells me that they will quiet down with a little use. If...
Back
Top Bottom