Recent content by CharlieBee

1. CharlieBee

9090DB Recap

With this topic, that includes bypassing the db board on a Sansui 9090db, a potential purchaser and all 9090db owners will not have to worry about having a non working receiver, since failed db board 9090db can be fixed by by passing the db board and still serve as a great working receiver...
  2. CharlieBee

What's the weirdest factory mistake you've found?

Power supply board on Pioneer SX 1010 receivers mounted up side down on bottom deck leading to charred printed circuit boards and failed parts. I added more heat sink and a fan to draw the hot air out of the receiver and post how to do it on AK years ago. Charlie
  3. CharlieBee

Pioneer SX-939 Stereo Indicator Lamp

Why not purchase an incandescent light bulb and install it? Problem over. Charlie
  4. CharlieBee

Sansui 4900Z Receiver power switch

Well, here is a simple and cheap solution to your power switch problem. Get a switchable power strip, turn on the receiver, then switch the power switch to ON and then always use the power strip to turn on and off the receiver. Your weak receiver power switch should work fine and be saved from...
  5. CharlieBee

Lafayette power switch troubles, bad design?

Red Jr Well, here is a simple and cheap solution to your power switch problem. Get a switchable power strip, turn on the receiver, then switch the power switch to ON and then always use the power strip to turn on and off the receiver. Your weak receiver power switch should work fine and be...
  6. CharlieBee

Is it me or vintage Sansuis out of control

A major reason prices have escalated is the loss of dumb sellers. In the early 2000s the internet was not a big thing and the average Joe had little knowledge of what things like vintage audio gear sold for. It was somewhat common to find great gear for less than $50 and often for free at the...
  7. CharlieBee

How to replace the power light & FM stereo light on Pioneer SX-650 receiver

kwayde Thanks for the video. It shows how to wire up the lights but not how to remove the existing ones. It may be a simple as just pulling hard on them to remove. I am seeking conformation on how to remove the old ones. Charlie
  8. CharlieBee

How to replace the power light & FM stereo light on Pioneer SX-650 receiver

I need help in removing the power light & FM stereo light on Pioneer SX-650 receiver. Thanks Charlie
  9. CharlieBee

Pioneer SX-434 stereo and indicator light

With a probable power switch, I would use a switchable power strip to turn the receiver and other equipment like turntables, CD players, tape, Ect. all ON and OFF to save your weak power switch and the equipment power switches too. If you live in an area with thunder storms and/or lightning I...
  10. CharlieBee

Pioneer or sansui vote

I vote for the receivers that find me at a very reasonable price and so far it is 3 Sansui and 1 Pioneer and 1 Yamaha. At my age, my hearing will not let me judge much by listening. Charlie
  11. CharlieBee

Sony ps-5550 Repair Start/Stop Button

You have the opportunity to solve a problem. Figure out how to get to the back of that switch. Find if all the wires to the switch are attached. Then figure out if it is fixable and if so fix it. If not fixable find out if a new switch is available. If not figure out how to replace it with...
  12. CharlieBee

Best Engineered Vintage Recievers

I have not seen or tested all the vintage receivers so I can not comment. Most of us are not qualified to judge which vintage receivers are engineered the best and other parameters are important like quality of parts and assembly and style. No one person could possibly know about all the...
  13. CharlieBee

Turntable cloth dust cover

I have been using a homemade cloth cover for my Dual 1249 changer TT for over 30 years without issue. I have the plastic cover but the Dual, with base, is on a bottom shelf, with only 9 inches of height. It was sown, by me with wife threading the sowing machine, from some heavy cotton cloth...
  14. CharlieBee

Powering off and on

I have all my audio systems on switchable power strips for since the 1990s. Most systems have an about 100 watt per channel receiver, and each has a TT, five disk CD player, some a 100 or 50 disk CD player and a dual cassette player. I always have the volume of the receiver at the lowest...
  15. CharlieBee

The best possible party speaker

Party speakers, a pair of JBL L100s and a pair of Pioneer HPM 100s, wood veneer cabinets. Enough said. Charlie
Back
Top Bottom