Recent content by ChefE

1. ChefE

Southern California Registry

Shucks! I missed the party 2019. Any word on a 2020? The Tustin blimp hangers come to mind for a location.
  2. ChefE

Hello. Getting in some sounds good. I didn't realize there's so many SoCal Stereoheads. That's rad. So is downtown. I remember when it was super sketchy and unless you had court, no need to go there. I like what's happened over the years. It's a downtown to be proud of.
  3. ChefE

Cassette tapes VS HVAC system

I mounted four Napa Valley 100-cassette tape holders onto the wall. The space on the wall is perfect for the holders size. However that wall is also the corner of the utility closet and the cold air returns. Inside the utility closet is the air handler/ furnace. The inside wall area is where the...
  4. ChefE

What Record Are You Hearing Now?

I’m was just listening to one of the earliest bands that were too good before anyone realized that decades later.....Carcinogen “Kure” album. Back in the early 1990’s Orange County, CA. Sounds rad playing through a pair of AL Model 14’s and a Concept 6.5. Before that was Eddy Murphy’s “Boogie in...
  5. ChefE

Amazon suspends orders of records, LPs, and CDs

When a terrible crisis or situation suddenly happens.... one of the first things to cross my mind is the ‘passengers pandemonium and boobs giggling’ scene in the movie “Airplane”.
  6. ChefE

Unusual thrift finds you didn’t not buy ?

I slowly passed on buying a vintage wooden rocking chair that had a hole in the seat, about a 9” diameter. Being a large rocking chair with poop chute, assuming it is, I couldn’t help my kinky mind think of the reasons to buy it. Sadly I refrained from buying it. Still I wonder....in a rocking...
  7. ChefE

Apparently I’ve been living under a rock. But that’s ok, I like to rock. I’d also be interested in joining the group. Piecing together a quality 4-channel stereo in honor of my father is where I started. But the addiction started around 2013 when I met a collector. Doomed from that point on...
  8. ChefE

Qe EMIT vs other "EMIT" tweeter?

Hello AK, Thank you for the info. I didn’t know Infinity made so many subtle changes. A special thanks to Bobbyd38 for keeping these speakers alive. Very cool.
  9. ChefE

Realistic Minimus 7 (7W) - Different versions.

Super revival thread....listen to this. Regarding the 7W Minimus iterations, I started with the "original". I was impressed and astonished that these little speakers sounded so good, especially compared to my little Triad System 6 speakers. Anyway over time I picked up more Minimus's not knowing...
  10. ChefE

Bullet Proof JVC CD Players circa 1989/90

Makes me wonder....what they carved on their car?
  11. ChefE

TOTL Yamaha Score: RX-1130, CDX-1120, KX-1200!

POW! The RX-1130 returns.
  12. ChefE

Nakamichi Receiver 3 sound quality question

I also acquired a Nakamichi Receiver 3 from a estate sale. Got the matching cassette deck 2 too. The cassette deck works great and sounds great. The receiver sounds good for about 15-30 minutes and then suddenly shuts off. I had it connected to 8 ohm bookshelf speakers. Why would it turn off?
  13. ChefE

Infinity 2500 tweeters lack sound, woofers work?

Hello. Years ago I acquired a pair of used Infinity 2500 speakers from a thrift store. These were the second Infinity speakers I've owned. I used them for a year and then they went in and out of rotation with other speakers. They worked good last time I used them. However the other day I hooked...
  14. ChefE

Qe EMIT vs other "EMIT" tweeter?

Photo 1 "EMIT" tweeter. Photo 2 non "EMIT" tweeter Notice the subtle differences above and below? I have two Infinity Qe speakers. Each was acquired as a single speaker from different thrift stores. It took about 8 months till I got the second speaker. They look similar, but there's...
  15. ChefE

TOTL Yamaha Score: RX-1130, CDX-1120, KX-1200!

The RX-1130 is a nice sounding receiver. The tuner is great. Decent phono. The receiver can play loud and clear. I like the triple tone controls and adjustable loudness control. I did notice this receiver sounds different compared to the other Yamaha (all black) receivers I've owned; rx-495...
Back
Top Bottom