Recent content by chinacave

1. chinacave

Where are the pilots here? Anyone??

Looks worse than it really is. https://skyvector.com/?ll=40.79756888347603,-73.99984434994845&chart=160&zoom=6
  2. chinacave

Where are the pilots here? Anyone??

Some random shots flying the Hudson Corridor in a Remos GX Light Sport. And one of me flying over or near my house.... checking the lake below for Bass! If you ever get a chance, DO IT. Just not during a Yankee or Mets Game, or Giants or Jets game..... or so I have heard...
  3. chinacave

Heathkit SP-2A Stereo Preamp refurb

So..... how did yours fare after a rebuild? Mine dropped one chanell, so back on the bench it sits
  4. chinacave

Melos GK-1+1 Preamp ... second call

Seconding the request and /or nudge for a scan of the .....Owners Manual.....????!!!!!!!
  5. chinacave

Heathkit W5M Thoughts

Stainless steel bolts, washers 'n nutz from someplace like 'boltdepot' those are all 8-32, maybe some 6-32 bolts, common enough stuff. I'd only Polish them if they were some unique or odd-ball size or head.. ymmv.
  6. chinacave

NY Blue Mountain Lodge Audio Fest-Peekskill - Saturday, September 15th, 2018

Also well said and important to bear in mind, TubeActive. Also the same lines the past Frankenfests have occasionally hosted informal seminars, teaching moments, demos on particular topics - these might be added to future programs as another feature in addition to the listening sessions /...
  7. chinacave

Great space and great people- thanks again Glen GD70! And the local Deli! ---- says it all.
  8. chinacave

Heathkit SP-2 vs. SP-2A difference?....no it's not mono vs stereo.

Mine is back on the bench for a refresh after doing 12-14 hrs. / day for the last 3 years + @ my office. It got a total re-cap and service / checked nearly every resistor before pulling office duty with a pair of Quad II and B&W Matrix 1 speakers. Whoever built it was good - looks nearly...
  9. chinacave

Me too - no wonder I couldn't see the 'For Sale' post I made - it was here! I'll move, or copy it to the 'For sale / Swap' zone... Sheesh.
  10. chinacave

I will TRY and bring a Scratch-built SET 'Darling' tube Amp - $200 OBO 1 Watt / Chanel / This could be very well-paired with the Pair Open Baffle University 6201 12" coaxial speakers - The pairing of Amp and speakers MAKES MAGIC happen! Will post pix shortly - Speakers $150 the pair, both amp...
  11. chinacave

Airgun repair or diagnosis? - Walther pistol/ OLD Daisy rifle

Uh. Makes perfect sense, and completly news to me, obviously Thanks! // mr. Spock voice: "fascinating"//
  12. chinacave

Wow - Thanks - will sign up @ Pyramid air - just the referral I was looking for.
  13. chinacave

#1) Family members Old Daisy pump bb rifle model #25- issue is bb's simply ROLL or dribble out of the barrel- not being held by the magazine tube? #2)- Audio Guru Jerry loaned me his Walther P88 semi-auto with a red dot scope - 2 issues: scope mount is missing a part on the rail, so. Scope is...
  14. chinacave

Rek-O-Kut Turntables - ROK

New to me K-33-H with Audax arm and (?) cartridge, all made in New York, just gifted to me with a pair of Advent/3 speakers and a solid -state modern Sony receiver. Given by great friend of the Family, Barbara W. Her Daughter and I met, as did our mothers, while pushing respective baby...
  15. chinacave

Help me bring my Dad's MC240 back to life

Good on ya, regardless of which way you go. Totally doable yourself, the Mac section is a treasure of knowledge and help. Take butloads of photos!
Back
Top Bottom