Recent content by chip

1. C

Epi 100 - Boston Acoustics A70 - I'd like a mix of both sounds

Thanks satellite. Something to look into and think about. One thing I forgot to mention earlier, I would like to stay with a "bookshelf" sized speakers but, it's not necessarily a deal breaker. I've consider new stuff like an Elac B6 but the port is in the rear (not much room), I don't think...
  2. C

Epi 100 - Boston Acoustics A70 - I'd like a mix of both sounds

I have some EPI 100v which I like very much. I just got some early series Boston Acoustic A70 with SEAS tweeters which sound laid back and well rounded (I also have A150 with the SEAS and A100 with BA proprietary soft dome tweeter but those are going to larger spaces.) For testing, I have had...
  3. C

Tannoy Monitor LSU/HF/3LZ

As we left after picking it up from our other buddy, he pulled over after a few blocks; I thought something was wrong. He says "let's just bring it to your place." Which I replied "No room. Storage is getting full, too. Your place is my new stereo storage." :biggrin: We're gonna move it once...
  4. C

Tannoy Monitor LSU/HF/3LZ

My buddy just got a Barzilay console from one of our friends. He wants to give it to me but I have a console in my storage just sitting around. Anyway, it has these drivers in them. Am I correct or incorrect in thinking that they are 10" reds? (picture attached below.) I searched here and...
  5. C

sx-550 Idle current adjustments - test point 36

Just an electronics noob here and wasn't exactly sure what you meant here. But, I did try something and I don't know if it's telling of my problem or not (and hopefully I didn't mess up anything!) I took a reading of emitter leg and test point and both ends of the resistor related to the...
  6. C

Ah, you got me... or you got my parents. Chip was one of our family dogs. My dad says (poker) Chip was easy to read. That wagging tail gave him away every time. One of my mom's favorite dogs was Jackie (aka. Jackpot.) We just called her Potty for her pot belly. We had another dog whose...
  7. C

The images I attached above were from the service manual. They are sections of the schematics and the board layout. The only access (easiest access without disassembling the receiver) to the leg of the transistor is from the bottom where I attached the alligator clip lead. The trace shows the...
  8. C

Tuning knob - It was pretty close to the glass and I still didn't see anything on a closer look. So, I just took a chance and pulled on it. Voila! No set screw on it. Cool. I will have a stab at the switch soon. The Test Point - couldn't get to the actual leg. The best I could do was clip...
  9. C

I was able to squeeze my hand in there and get a micro clip lead onto TP 36 from the top side. I attached the other to TP 35 to read the Right channel and still no reading but it plays fine... or so I thought. I go to listen to some other types of music to see if I can hear a difference between...
  10. C

Thanks zebulon1 for the tip. Funny thing is that I tried making contact with the TP on the backside of the board (I even clipped to it) but I didn't get a reading (I could have picked the wrong one but I checked a few times and thought it was the right one.) I used micro clip leads to test...
  11. C

This is the first Pioneer I'm trying to restore. I had excellent help over at the Marantz Forum for a 2220B and 2245 I did a while back. I'm pretty confident that I'll get the same from this forum judging from the threads I've read through already. Q. The receiver plays fine and levels seem...
  12. C

Dynaco SCA-35 Phono Mods

it's been another year for this thread :rflmao: thought it was my turn to dig it up. mpr2000 - had a quick question for you since you've done the Adrian Chan mod that I was thinking about. First, for clarity, in his original post, Adrian mention that he was working with the right channel but...
  13. C

Will a Dual 1019 fit a 1212 plinth?

JFRACE, Dadbar - thanks for the info. JFRACE - double thanks for the offer. Haven't secured the 1019 yet but, I'll keep that in mind. Really want to get another AR-XA (like I see you have) to replace the one I let go long before I realized what I had... it was complete, in the box, almost...
  14. C

cubby01 - I would have done that (or have my calipers ready for measuring) but, the turntable is in one of my storage facilities. The template does give me food for thought... maybe just make my own plinth. Just looked at some diy plinths and seen some pretty cool things. gridleakrick - Thank...
  15. C

Got a 1212 dirt cheap, as a sacrifice table, to learn on (let's tackle the pimple problem!) Anyway, looking at a 1019 without a base and was wondering if it will drop into the 1212 plinth. Found a mounting template for the 1019 but nothing on the lowly 1212. Any help appreciated.
Back
Top Bottom