Recent content by Chits

1. C

Cone cosmetics. Is there a product to improve the looks of discolored cones?

I've used black ink (like what you use with quill pens) diluted with alcohol to do this. Worked really well.
  2. C

Is this original or a fake transistor?

Why do you insist on using 2N transistors? These are almost never a good choice in an audio amp such as your Sony. These transistors are usually used in power supplies.
  3. C

One of my JBL L19 speakers is acting up. Please help...

You should be able to disconnect the tweeter without soldering. I had the same problem on these speakers and fudging with the tweeter fixed it.
  4. C

New here, in deep with Yamaha CR-1020

The first "peg" on the meter is at 1 watt of power, and even then, the movement is very subtle. Now, 1 watt is a LOT of power, rarely will you play that loud (unless you have really inefficient speakers, which is not common). For this reason, the meters on this receiver are largely useless. On...
  5. C

Counterfeit part detection

"Most sellers in China are just as honest" is just a plain lie. OK, they may be honest, but their sources aren't. The fact of the matter is, 100% of the parts you buy from China are fake. The margin of error to this statement is so small that it becomes 0% in the grand scheme of things. If you...
  6. C

Help! Magnet came loose on my Wharfedale

Unless you REALLY need those speakers, there is usually way too much effort required to do this. And the chances of it failing spectacularly are way higher than success.
  7. C

CR-1020 vs CR-2020 purchase considerations

Or Bitcoin... These models are quite failure-prone, so if you're not a tech, or don't want to spend the money (100s) to get them repaired, definitely keep away.
  8. C

A good source for 2SC4793 & 2SA1837????

Dudes, don't be naïve. Fake components are being made, regardless of price. I've come across dozens of fake TO-92 transistors, and these are worthless! There are certainly tons of fakes of these being made. These parts are relatively expensive, making them a very attractive target for fakers.
  9. C

Sonab film cap replacement

Leave the caps alone. Replacing them can do no good in this case.
  10. C

heat dissipating mod for CR-1020/CR-1020

Definitely necessary on the 1020. The board gets smoked, and takes the surrounding components with it.
  11. C

Tube amp design for the office

And what happens if there's an accident involving your home made amplifier?
  12. C

Dynaco ST-35: Getting Ready To Rebuild

Don't bother with the stock config. Go EFB right away, everything else is pointless. Also destructive to your tubes.
  13. C

Help fixing Realistic ST235B flickering

Don't do the above. Replace only. This is playing with fire!
  14. C

How do you use your solder from a 1-pound roll?

I hope you mouth people are kidding. If not, stop that. It's unhealthy and dumb. It makes you dumber, too, and since you're already dumb, who knows what'll happen?
  15. C

Which Pioneer amp produces best sound Pioneer SA 5300 / 5500 II / 6300 / 6500 II ?

No, I've had them all and I fully restore all amps before listening to them. Total duds.
Back
Top Bottom