Recent content by christophe C

1. C

The Mordaunt-Short Owners Thread

Hello Are the MS-202 good speakers ? I don't find any reviews and I wonder if these are worth 60$ ? I have the opportunity to buy a set (good condition) and I would use them with a Yamaha RX-397 for easy listening, no high end, no "audiophile" or expert goal. Thank you
  2. C

Pioneer SX-424 / Kenwood KR-3600 / Kenwood KR-5400 / Luxman R-1040

I played the Luxman the whole weekend. The tuner is quite good, even with no antenna... I know it's a shame but the FM station that I am listening to is the main classic rock radio from Belgium and the signal is very good. Shame on me (number two) : I am listening to Spotify with a Google...
  3. C

New from Belgium

Thank you for the welcome
  4. C

I am a new luxman r-1040 owner. Happy happy Thank you for the advises.
  5. C

The deal is 100 euros. I presume then that it's a good find. The seller told me that there was few interest. I presume that the luxman brand is lacking image vs Marantz and others
  6. C

I have just seen the luxman r-1040 and it's in a really nice condition. Clean, fm is clear, interior is clean. Nothing was replaced inside but the seller offers a 3 months "money back" if a problem occurs.
  7. C

New from Belgium

Yes pioneer is well known in Belgium. I will have a look to a sx424 on Saturday. But I have just seen a luxman r-1040 and I think I am going to buy it
  8. C

Yes I am an FM listener, I will test this when I make a visit to the the seller. The 4 receivers are in the same range (60 to 100 euros / 78-113 $) in the ads that I have found locally (private sellers). It may seem high but that's the market now... More news soon ;-)
  9. C

That's what I thought too... I am going to have a look to the Luxman (and maybe also buy the SX-4245 as this one is quite cheap and good looking)
  10. C

Hello I am looking for a nice Amp with a wooden case (or at least the sides) to listen to my old LP's on a Technics SL-3210. I have now the choice between these 4 receivers (in the same price range). The receiver will be connected to DM4 speakers (Bowers & Wilkins). Power is not important as I...
  11. C

New from Belgium

Hello Just a few words to present myself. I am 44 years old, from Belgium, french speaking. I am new to vintage hifi and I am looking to build up some experience and find a nice old Receiver (seventies). Cheers Christophe
Back
Top Bottom