1. C

Au517 need expert assistance (uk)

Unable to mail you , your help would be appreciated. Chris
  2. C

Cheers John. I'll send a mail. Chris
  3. C

Hi , anyone in the the Midlands (uk) prepared to look at my 517 it's packed up. Powers up, comes out of protection but no output. It had been serviced, cleaned etc probably 6 _7 years ago .Obviously I'm prepared to pay thanks Chris
  4. C

Restoration/ uk

Hi , Thanks for the info. Much appreciated Chris
  5. C

Restoration/ uk

Thank you for the reply. I'll look into that one, apparently a temperamental amplifier where good knowledge of the product is needed. I've been reading on here they aren't easy to deal with:eek:
  6. C

Restoration/ uk

No one, I may have sourced a aud11 mk 2 that would require restoration. Be appreciated. Chris
  7. C

Restoration/ uk

Is there a list of recommended/ respected engineers that can be used in the uk? I know John (hyperion) is one and I have had a conversation re a 517 I own maybe 5 years ago with him, but he is busy with current clients and his own stuff. Be helpful to me if you've used other electronics...
  8. C

Au 719

:)
  9. C

Au 719

Dynavector, plinius, pass labs and many others. I like Nelson's amps to be fair.
  10. C

Au 719

I've owned multi thousand £ pre powers and currently have a 517 which has been in the family since 78. Has tech in amplifiers moved on that much, I think not when comparing specs and sound quality Thoroughly understand you point of view
  11. C

Au 719

Thank you again. Is restoration something that you still carry out John?
  12. C

Au 719

I suppose its difficult to tell from the screen shots if it's had anything done previously?
  13. C

Au 719

Many thanks John, Looking at one of these or a 919. I'm abit put off the 919 as I'm lead to believe there many unobtanium parts inside..
  14. C

Au 719

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Chris
  15. C

Au 719

Hello gents, What would be a reasonable price for a working 719 in the uk? What would be the approx price for restoration and lastly are they significantly better than a 517. Some screenshot of the item in question. Regards Chris
Back
Top Bottom