Recent content by Chrisxo55441

1. Chrisxo55441

Permission to paint Dual 1219 bread-box?

if someone can do this to a Marantz you should be able to do what you want to a Dual, but you will have to live with it
  2. Chrisxo55441

Best budget cartridges of all time post yours

of the carts i own i would say my Denon DL301mk2, it is a great sounding cart, i have a few MC's that cost 3-4 times as much and it gets equal play with all of them.
  3. Chrisxo55441

New frosted fuse bulbs

they have the 200ma here https://www.amkproducts.com/marantz/marantz-lamps/
  4. Chrisxo55441

4 Top Cover Small Screws for 22xx Receivers

a little pricey but this place sells marantz screws, also have feet and lights https://www.amkproducts.com/marantz/marantz-screws/
  5. Chrisxo55441

Led Zeppelin VS Black Sabbath

I love them both but i listen to my Led Zeppelin records probably 3 times as much as my Black Sabbath so LZ gets my vote
  6. Chrisxo55441

What vintage speakers are you using with your Marantz receiver?

My favorites with my 2245 are my Tannoys both the Cheviots and Berkeleys. I also pair with Fortes or Ohm Walsh 2XO's
  7. Chrisxo55441

Marantz 2245 pre-purchase advise...

Cosmetics has always been #1 for me as i always have them recapped if it has not been done already. Cases can always be refinished or there are new ones available. If the faceplate, knobs or glass have deep scratches, dents or is bent that is a no go for me, the rest can be restored...
  8. Chrisxo55441

Having trouble hearing any difference with my new Phono preamp

I have found Marantz phono stages to be very good and you would need to spend a pretty good chunk of cash if buying retail to get a noticable improvement in solid state. You could try a cheaper tube phono pre that would give you a bit different sound that you may like. I mostly use tube pre's on...
  9. Chrisxo55441

The Beatles VS Led Zeppelin

I listen to my Led Zeppelin albums twice as much as my Beatles albums but I'm not picking one over the other
  10. Chrisxo55441

Audio Stores in the 70's

Thats the one i lived by, Sound of Music which later was renamed Best Buy was a couple blocks the other way from me too on Lake St a couple blocks off hennepin but i dont know if it was there in the 70's i didnt start going there until the 80's -edit- i did a google and Sound of Music had 9...
  11. Chrisxo55441

Audio Stores in the 70's

Im in Minneapolis and bought my Marantz 2245, wood case, Pioneer cassette and 8 track decks, Stanton 681eee cart from Team Electronics between 1974-75. They had a couple Twin Cities locations that i know of probably more and maybe other areas as well. One was 2 blocks from me and they were...
  12. Chrisxo55441

Amplifier with great phono stage.

I 2nd the Marantz 1060 the phono on mine (restored) sounds great
  13. Chrisxo55441

You gotta turn it up! Songs best listened to LOUD!

Johnny Winter And Live - Jumpin' Jack Flash
  14. Chrisxo55441

Is Marantz 2235 worth it?

WC-22 is the wood case
  15. Chrisxo55441

Another thread about custom wood cases from Asaalah

Joe called me a while before he died and said he had some more "fancy wood" as he called it and wanted to know if i needed another case. We talked about him making one for my Model 19 but he didnt have the design and said if i sent him the original one i have he could copy it. I kinda put that...
Back
Top Bottom